Thread: Top 10 pirated movies according to TorrentFreak

Default Top 10 pirated movies according to TorrentFreak

Top 10 pirated movies according to TorrentFreak

Avatar topped the list of TorrentFreak’s recently published list of the most torrented movies of all time as of October 2011

I wonder if they can trace a person's IP if they can tell if someone downloads a torrent...
    Watch my latest video on YouTube, all about a Portal 2 turret! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFpwGxsRAt0

Quote Originally Posted by addam View Post
    I wonder if they can trace a person's IP if they can tell if someone downloads a torrent...
    I'm sure they can.. But I guess it's just not worth the effort.. Plus it would be like half the worlds population...:P
    Corsair Carbide Spec-01, MSI Z97Z SLI Krait ed., Seasonic S12II 520w, Gigabyte Geforce GTX 970, Mushkin Blackline 8gb, i5 4690k, 1 TB

Probably, but didn't the people who made the Hurt Locker try and sue all people who torrented the movie in America?
    Watch my latest video on YouTube, all about a Portal 2 turret! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFpwGxsRAt0

Probably, but didn't the people who made the Hurt Locker try and sue all people who torrented the movie in America?
    Downloading a torrent file doesn't mean you actually used it.

What I've seen lawyers do that go after file sharers is they simply connect to a tracker and see which IPs are downloading/uploading. Most torrent clients actually have this feature built in.

Once they have the IPs they send out cookie-cutter threatening letters to the relevant ISP (which I would guess they get by doing a simple lookup on the IP address).
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

A friend living in USA said that the FBI can trace you if you use torrents.