Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PS Vita South African prices appear

Default PS Vita South African prices appear

PS Vita: South African pricing surfaces

Random encounter: a wild PS Vita price appears!

Good luck to all the handheld fans out there!
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy - Benjamin Franklin

Yeeeouch!!

On second thought - I think I'll hang back for a few months first ... my PSP will tie me over for a while. But in the end, I'd still love to get my paws on this baby. I'll be keeping an eye on foreign prices as well though - I'll import the damn thing if it'll work out cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfox View Post
    Yeeeouch!!

On second thought - I think I'll hang back for a few months first ... my PSP will tie me over for a while. But in the end, I'd still love to get my paws on this baby. I'll be keeping an eye on foreign prices as well though - I'll import the damn thing if it'll work out cheaper.
    It probably won't - even if the price is cheaper overseas through direct conversion, the import duties and customs fees on electronic goods will probably knock that way up.

Still, rather ridiculous - on the same ad page, the 320GB PS3 + Uncharted 3 bundle was...R3099.95. Um, yeah, I know which one I'd rather get.

Quote Originally Posted by qornea View Post
    It probably won't - even if the price is cheaper overseas through direct conversion, the import duties and customs fees on electronic goods will probably knock that way up.

Still, rather ridiculous - on the same ad page, the 320GB PS3 + Uncharted 3 bundle was...R3099.95. Um, yeah, I know which one I'd rather get.
    There should be no import duties, it would indicate a contravention of the WTO resolution which South Africa signed at the latest round(Doha) the only thing that can be added is 14% VAT.

I'll be factoring in duties and fees as well [VAT in other words] ... I order from overseas quite regularly.

Also - keep in mind the PS3 is a 5 year old system ... still good, but it is aging. And it has the downside that I can't carry it on the plane with me and keep myself busy during long flights. My PSP serves a specific purpose ... the PS Vita will be serving the same purpose.

Only, y'know ... more shiny :3

MyGaming Comp Authoritah sycogrim's Avatar

Yeh I can agree, it's a pretty hefty price. I will most probably get it, but I'll wait a good long while before doing so...
    All it takes is ONE BAD DAY tO ReDuCe the SaNesT Man Alive To LuNaCy. That's How Far The World Is From Where I am. JUST ONE BAD DAY

Blog Entries . YouTube Channel and Playlists

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFox
    I'm gonna tolerate and love...........THE SHIT OUTTA YOU
    Shadowfox's response to me in my failed attempts to annoy him

Wait long enough for the price to drop and the games to mature on the system and it will be a great little device.

The price is a bit steep in my opinion. The 3DS also had a nice price drop recently. Definitely not a day 1 purchase for me. If monster hunter was a launch title... Please don't tell me it's a launch title.. :P

I don't think this will do well. Mobile gaming is taking over and unless it has unique games and experiences like the Nintendo DS, It most propably go the same way as the psp.