Thread: Indie Royale Bundles gives indie devs a new pricing model

Default Indie Royal: Launch Bundle

Came across some news about Indie Royal a website set up to promote indie titles by offering bundles every 2 weeks. It's kinda like the Humble Bundle except that there is a minimum price. You can either match the price or beat it. If you beat it then the minimum price decreases (depending on how much more you paid), matching it increases the price by 1c.

Currently these 4 games are going for under $5.

A.R.E.S. Extinction Agenda

Gemini Rue

Sanctum

Nimbus

You'll also get 2 DLC packs for Sanctum since they've exceeded 20 000 sales, a third will be added after 70 000 sales.

I've already got Sanctum, but the other 3 look interesting. Anyone know about the games, thoughts on them?

I'm deciding whether to go for this pack or wait for the others in the weeks ahead. This offer ends in about 4 days.

Default Indie Royale Bundles gives indie devs a new pricing model

Indie Royale Launch Bundle uses intriguing price model

4 indie games bundled together, for sale in a novel way

Bought it. Have yet to actually play any of them though

Hahaha, just posted a thread on this Mods can remove it or merge it into this one.

Decided to go for the bundle. Each game looks like it'll give me more than $5 worth of enjoyment. It'll be good to balance out the AAA goodness of BF3 with some engaging indies.
    Last edited by DarthMol; 27-10-2011 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Update

I want that bundle, gonna need someone to buy it for me though (really need to get my own credit card)

I'll buy it for $6.00 (R48), but I'll do an EFT transfer of R60 to cover any additional costs.

Sold, awesome site....thx guys! The things you learn in Forums....
    | i7 920 o/c 3.9Ghz | 12GB Vengeance DDR3-2000Mhz | 128GB Corsair P-128 SSD | 5TB HDD | Gigabyte GTX590 | CM HAF-X | Corsair HX1000 | Win 7 64bit | Logitech G510 | G13 | G35 |

There's a GIF for that MetalSoup's Avatar

The problem with this system is that everyone that knows about it is trying to get onto the site as soon as the new bundle launches, which completely overloads the site, making it almost impossible to purchase.

The current bundle includes:
    NightSky
    Fate of the World
    Scoregasm
    Ben There, Dan That! and Time Gentlemen, Please!

Edit: They have just made the following post on twitter:
    "Very sorry about the site, too many HTTP requests. Adding more webservers and once it stabilizes in a few hours - we will reset the price"
    Last edited by MetalSoup; 10-11-2011 at 06:28 PM.