Thread: Today Apple changed education, goodbye boring textbooks.

Default Today Apple changed education, goodbye boring textbooks.

Even though its aimed at the american education system, its only a matter of time before it spreads to other countries and might even hit our shores, be it in 10 or 20 years.

The Legendary Troll Hunter OmegaFenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sockmonkey View Post

Even though its aimed at the american education system, its only a matter of time before it spreads to other countries and might even hit our shores, be it in 10 or 20 years.
    Funnily enough just yesterday I was talking to my wife saying how awesome it would be to have children books that would play sounds etc for our kids. This is brilliant and while it will take sometime to find its place if you will it is definitely a step in the right direction. That free publishing too is AWESOME news, can't wait to see what I can come up with.

And to think yesterday someone said, on this very forum, that tablets are basically useless.
    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

MyGaming Comp Authoritah sycogrim's Avatar

I was discussing this with a friend of mine and how much tech is moving forward, with me being in IT it's truly amazing seeing how drastically the world is changing just from an engineering perspective.
    All it takes is ONE BAD DAY tO ReDuCe the SaNesT Man Alive To LuNaCy. That's How Far The World Is From Where I am. JUST ONE BAD DAY

Blog Entries . YouTube Channel and Playlists

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFox
    I'm gonna tolerate and love...........THE SHIT OUTTA YOU
    Shadowfox's response to me in my failed attempts to annoy him

The Legendary Troll Hunter OmegaFenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PunkOnWheels View Post
    Checkout this article about Apple's greedy license agreement: http://www.zdnet.com/blog/bott/apple...;siu-container and the follow up http://www.zdnet.com/blog/bott/how-a...tal-books/4378
    Apple has always had draconian Licence agreements. Also considering the fact that iBook Author is free, ie you are not paying for it, I can totally see why they would require you to sign a separate licencing agreement. As someone who has published a novel at great pains & am now struggling to market it due to a dodgy publisher I know the pains that come with publish & the cost of self publishing.

The author of that article claiming it's akin to MS charging you for using a word document or powerpoint during a talk is stupid, MS Office is a paid for service, as is Photoshop. iBook author is free, thus any income Apple wish to generate from it has to come from somewhere.

What people always seem to forget is that these companies are there to make money, money so they can keep developing new products and keep the thousands of people they employ, employed. They are not a charity & the whole "corporate greed" BS that is making the rounds is getting old.
    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"