Thread: Naughty Dog will keep making Uncharted forever, probably

Default Naughty Dog will keep making Uncharted forever, probably

Naughty Dog will keep making Uncharted games

For as long as fans want them. So forever, then.

Yup. If they have a winning recipe, then they should stick to it. If they keep bringing out good Uncharted games (are there any bad ones? Nope), people will buy them.
    That's what she said.

The Dork Knight.

The Legendary Troll Hunter OmegaFenix's Avatar

This is where I take the path less travelled. Yes the Uncharted games a good but I, personally, would like seeing more freedom to tackle situations in my own way and for the platforming to actually involve some skill. Here Naughty Dog can learn from the AC devs, Freerunning is easy but they still manage to give us challenging platforming sections. Also less use of the armoured bullet sponge enemy which Naughty Dog love throwing in.

Lastly I subscribe to the school of thought that says there is such a thing as too many sequels. This is true for movies & games, even TV series. I feel the optimal number is 3, maybe 4 if ur a good studio. After that, move on, try something new otherwise you run the risk of over saturation and the death of a decent franchise.
    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaFenix View Post
    Lastly I subscribe to the school of thought that says there is such a thing as too many sequels. This is true for movies & games, even TV series. I feel the optimal number is 3, maybe 4 if ur a good studio. After that, move on, try something new otherwise you run the risk of over saturation and the death of a decent franchise.
    COD, NFS, Star Wars - The Phantom Menace

Mass Effect has the winning recipe down by not going further than 3. There must be absolution. Open book endings turn awesome games into Twilight sagas.

The Legendary Troll Hunter OmegaFenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Voicy View Post
    COD, NFS, Star Wars - The Phantom Menace

Mass Effect has the winning recipe down by not going further than 3. There must be absolution. Open book endings turn awesome games into Twilight sagas.
    /Cringe

Yep. Also why Bungie pulled out of Halo after Reach.
    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

As long as this is not a yearly thing, I see no problem. The Uncharted games tell really great stories, and if they keep that up, I think it'll be successful.

This game remains to be unique across all platforms and is really superb.