Thread: UPS advice

Default UPS advice

I want to have my XBOX, PS3 and TV all plugged into a UPS in order to help avoid corrupt save games in the event of a power failure. I used to have a 500va which worked fine for the purpose, but i think the batteries are kaput now.

should i just buy new batteries, or do you think i need a more powerful UPS ?

Also, where can i get one from for a reasonable price?

UPS batteries are going fail every now and again, since it's constantly being charged. I'd say you should replace the batteries and be sure to maintain your UPS.

Quote Originally Posted by psychogenik View Post
    UPS batteries are going fail every now and again, since it's constantly being charged. I'd say you should replace the batteries and be sure to maintain your UPS.
    cool, thanks for the advice. any tips on where to find good batteries cheap ?

You used to see these things around quite a lot during load shedding, http://www.cashcrusaders.co.za/produ...and/view/62854.

Not a UPS exactly, but apparently they work well enough with PCs (according to someone on MyBB a while ago ). They'll actually give you enough power to play for some time, which is the benefit over a UPS.

It's just an inverter and batteries, which I'm pretty sure you can find at lots of places. Don't really know much about them though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
    cool, thanks for the advice. any tips on where to find good batteries cheap ?
    We get ours from Battery centre comes with free battery testing also if I remember right.

Dont remember the prices though, since we havent needed to replace a battery for a long time now.

Ichigo Ftw