Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: I need advice???

Default I need advice???

I wanna sell my 2 week old Amd socket AM2 athlon64 x2 Dual core 6000+ 3.1Ghz cpu.
    I paid R1239 inc vat for it.
    Its hardly been used...i'd say max 20 hours...basically sitting in standby.

How much should I sell it for?
    Any advice would be apreciated
    Eat - Sleep - Overclock - Repeat

If it's still under warranty you could get around R1000 for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Isengard View Post
    If it's still under warranty you could get around R1000 for it.
    It still has full warranty minus the 2 weeks ive had it.

Oof. Thats a toughy. Why do you want to sell it? Its a decent CPU

I would try selling in on bidorbuy or gumtree...

But its gonna be tough. You will struggle to move it for more that R800 i think..
    Last edited by Tinman; 08-02-2009 at 09:54 PM.

I agree
    The market on Secondhand CPU's especially is very tight
    Problem is that the buyer won't be sure that the CPU is still in prime shape, bent pins, slight overheating etc
    These are things that all secondhand CPU buyers will be mindfull of.

Problem is that guys with decent CPU's that ARE in good shape ( as I'm sure yours is ) will be effected by this even though they did nothing to decrease the value of the CPU itself.

I would try for R 1000.00 but leave it negotiable

Why are you selling it The Joker? Didn't you build a whole new pc a while back? Hmmm I think it was you at the Prophecy forums who were buying from there.

Try selling it at the Prophecy forums in the classified section. If that fails then try Bid or Buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    Why are you selling it The Joker? Didn't you build a whole new pc a while back? Hmmm I think it was you at the Prophecy forums who were buying from there.

Try selling it at the Prophecy forums in the classified section. If that fails then try Bid or Buy.
    Yip was me...bought the cpu from the prophecy shop for R1239. inc vat.
    Thing is at the time i was banking on buying a phenom but financially it wasn't a vaible option for me so I bought the cpu and ive had it nw for 2 weeks and it runs excellent with my current setup but today a guy phoned me and offered me a phenom at a good price.

ive opted to sell my current cpu..Its been running ice cool in my rig..i think max temp was 32 c, and its only run a maximum of 20 hours(Havn't gotten my gfx card yet so i didn't even bother doing anything on it)

So the cpu is basically as good as new, it comes with full warranty minus the 2 weeks ive had it!!

Im just not sure about price?

Was thinking of selling it for R900.

hmmmz

R1000 sounds fair from a quality point of view, but if I had to buy a chip I'd want to know it isnt dodgy.

from a buyer's point of view I'd want to make sure I could get a refund if it DID break. Is it possible to transfer the warranty and payment slip to whoever is buying it from you so that they can indeed get it refunded ?

Quote Originally Posted by Voicy View Post
    hmmmz

R1000 sounds fair from a quality point of view, but if I had to buy a chip I'd want to know it isnt dodgy.

from a buyer's point of view I'd want to make sure I could get a refund if it DID break. Is it possible to transfer the warranty and payment slip to whoever is buying it from you so that they can indeed get it refunded ?
    I'll speak to the shop I bought it from, I don't see why they would have an issue with that. It will come with the original proof of purchase.

If possible i would have loved to get what I paid for it but unfortunatly I realise we live in the real world where people want bargains and I think its unfair to charge the price i paid for the simple reason that even tho it is basically brand new it still has been opened and used and therefore its lost value. I think i'll settle for R900