Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Avoid EA forums or risk losing your games!

Default Avoid EA forums or risk losing your games!

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011...es/#more-82032
    We are receiving information from a number of gamers who have received forum bans for a variety of reasons who are finding they’re unable to play Battlefield 3 (or indeed any other game tied into the EA user account), and worse, when they try to contact EA for help sorting this out, they are either ignored or told it’s tough. So what’s going on?

Then we heard from James, whose tale is even more extraordinary. He has been permanently banned for using the word “e-peen”. (For those unfamiliar, this is short for “electronic penis”, and tends to be used to suggest someone is egotistically willy-waving.) However, he did not even introduce the word. It was in reply to someone else who’d said it, and responded, “Ah, back to the e-peen talk.” He was originally told this ban would be for 72 hours, but on Saturday received an email informing him that it was now to be a permanent ban from his Origin account, with no further explanation given. It was added that the matter was “now closed”. And, as ever, EA’s live chat and customer support are refusing to help him in any way. He’s also been told that his BF3 characters and levels will be deleted.
    So ya, no matter what you have so say, it's not worth the risk of losing accessing to all your Origin/EA Account games. No better way to completely destroy consumer confidence in your digital store than by banning people from playing games they have bought.

Origin fails fucking hard. BF3 might be a brilliant game but it's let down by one major idiot or should that be its let down by blind idiocy? Please respond to that EA.
    Eat - Sleep - Overclock - Repeat

Holy crap!! That's excessive if completely true, just a ridiculous level of censorship.

Why EA, why?

So we can expect much ban hammer swinging.

Didn't something like this already happen to some guy with his Mass Effect 2, getting banned by EA?
    T A N S T A A F L

Yeah well... can't say I didn't see all of this coming.
    Origin is just as bad as the original EA-Downloader, if not possibly worse.

EA can reach me over on THAT OTHER side of the fence when they sort their shit out...

Is anyone really surprised? But nooooo... When people who have had experience with EA and its support tell you of how utterly shyte it is "U all lyk jus' jealous of EA/Origin!"

Oh well, if you can't learn from the mistakes of others then you have to find out the hard way for yourself.

Electronic Penis ?
    // Previously known as Blind Faith or Pr⊕phet
    // Sign up to Greenman Gaming and get $2 FREE in-store credit.

And the best part is, even if you wanted to, you can't take legal action because you signed away those rights.

Simple msg for EA:

EA's new logo...

Wir sind kommunistische Bastarde
    Last edited by The Joker; 14-11-2011 at 08:25 PM.
    Eat - Sleep - Overclock - Repeat

...the one person I had on EA's support was really totally terrible and it took 5 emails for him to understand wtf I was saying and wtf I was asking. He somehow managed to switch the two around and tried to assist me on general feedback which I stated after explaining my problem. The other person was one of the best support people I've had in a long time, but he was definitely not outsourced or non-english.
    // Previously known as Blind Faith or Pr⊕phet
    // Sign up to Greenman Gaming and get $2 FREE in-store credit.