Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1398

Thread: Rate the Last Game You Played

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge
    Awards MyGame Challenge 7: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Nemesis of the Uruk-hai. MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 3: Psychonauts - Completed their Basic Braining. (Achievement Unlocked: Did not let the Circus drive them insane.)

Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death
    Really had fun with this game. I'd never heard of it before but after watching the trailer I decided that it looked enjoyable... and it was. It's your standard hack and slash action game, with multiple enemies and crushing combos but it's pretty well executed.
    The game looks good, with varied and colourful locations, the fighting can get a bit repetitive in places but for the most part the gameplay is nice and varied.
    One of the highlights is the tongue-in-cheek humour throughout the game. The game pokes fun at the genre stereotypes and the verbal "swordplay" between Marlow and the Mask of Death that accompanies you is often genuinely funny.

The game will take you about 8 hours to finish, which is long enough and ensures that the game doesn't become a chore to finish. I would recommend playing on Hard difficulty to have a bit of a challenge.

Verdict: Recommended for those who play games to have fun.

Guacamelee!
    Simply superb "metroidvania" platformer. The game oozes character and style. The platforming is tight and intuitive (a controller is seriously recommended), the art style is fantastic as well as the world it immerses you in. Once again, this is a game that knows how to use humour to make things even more enjoyable.
    The difficulty balance is perfect, as you progress in the game, not only do you gain new abilities and skills but you really learn how to use them to maximum effect. My favourite aspect of the gameplay would have to be the puzzle-like platform sequences to reach hard to find chests. You'll find this game is both a test of problem solving and dexterous skill.

Verdict: A must-play! No one should miss out on this superb game (unless of course you are irrationally prejudiced against platformers.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 8: Darksiders - Horseman of the Apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 2: Borderlands 2 - They're weak to bullets, minion! MyGame Challenge 1: Dark Souls - Achievement Unlocked: You Died. Lots of times. But you somehow finished the game.

Before Terraria I've never played a game like this before. I still have to try Minecraft one day but Wyvern and so really made me interested in giving Terraria a try.

I'm glad I did. I found myself addicted to it for a while but in the end I got bored. I still managed to get 20 hours out of it though. It really is fun and in my opinion it's a must try game. I wish there were more clear cut objectives though which is something I believe Starbound has. Now that makes me excited!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

You should seriously look into playing minecraft. I started playing it on xbox this weekend and my wife is getting worried I want to marry it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

I am playing Dark Souls 2 and i would honestly give it a 10/10. This is not a rating that I would give to any other game (including Dark Souls). The next best game i reckon i have played would be Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite, which would get 8/10.

To put it into perspective :
    as much as i LOVED Tomb Raider and BI, after about 12 hours i was starting to get tired and bored and looking forward to wrapping up the game. But with DS2, I have been playing for 40 hours and have ZERO fatigue! happily looking forward to at least another 100+ hours ahead

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

InFamous 2 - 8/10

The game looked gorgeous (Better than Killzone), the powers were amazing and the story really opened up during the game's 2nd act. The game was just too short for me. But I seriously did enjoy, it's infinitely better than IF1&2 as I didn't enjoy them at all.
    "All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible."

- T.E. Lawrence

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 7: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Nemesis of the Uruk-hai. MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 3: Psychonauts - Completed their Basic Braining. (Achievement Unlocked: Did not let the Circus drive them insane.)

Papo & Yo - I really loved the creativeness of this indie title, it really makes you feel like a child as you explore and solve puzzles in an imaginative world. What I didn't expect was the serious, and at times disturbing message behind the game. Never before have I cringed so much when violence occurred in a game - it was brutal and shocking - not because of what was depicted in the game but because of what it represented - a chilling tale of a boy surviving the brutality of his alcoholic father.

Verdict: A worthwhile experience that will remain with you long after the few hours playtime.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Dark Souls 2 10/10 an epic journey.Bigger and badder than Dark Souls what more can you ask for.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by XbatousaiX View Post
    Dark Souls 2 10/10 an epic journey.Bigger and badder than Dark Souls what more can you ask for.
    Couldn't agree more. I really liked Dark Souls. But I'm really LOVING Dark Souls 2!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

My last game i've just played is Doom: The Resurrection of Evil. I rated 8 out of 10. Its graphics look awesome and great, its gameplay is amazing, its weapons are insanely great, pretty much everything about this game is just AWESOME!!
    Last edited by benroveno; 25-08-2014 at 05:01 AM.
    I love playing video games a lot. But not so much lately.
    YouTube
    gametabletz

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete.

The last game that I played:

GTA V [PS3]

I know that it has been said time and time again, but I fully understand why this game received so many game of the year awards. It is the best open-world game that I have ever played, and is close to the top of my list games of best games overall. The complete, polished freedom that you experience while playing the game is unparalleled. The story is fantastic,though it requires plenty of suspension of disbelief which feels quite jarring in the midst of the brilliantly believable world. Some mechanics still feel a bit clunky, like the cover system for example, but that's the biggest complaint that I can level at the game.

Rating: 9.5/10

Would play again (probably will).