Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Spike Video Game Awards 2011 full list of winners and nominees

Default The Spike Video Game Awards 2011 full list of winners and nominees

The Spike Video Game Awards 2011 full list of winners and nominees

The Spike TV VGA has concluded, revealing numerous winners

Someone really needs to explain how witcher 2 is nominated for top pc game but doesn't even get a mention for top rpg?? No offence to DA2 but witcher 2 is a vastly superior game.
    Last edited by Stefan9; 11-12-2011 at 08:17 PM.

DAII was pretty much a stinky diaper, where as Witcher 2 was a masterpiece. Some how I think they forgot about it....
    Eat - Sleep - Overclock - Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan9 View Post
    Someone really needs to explain how witcher 2 is nominated for top pc game but doesn't even get a mention for top rpg?? No offence to DA2 but witcher 2 is a vastly superior game.
    Absolutely 100% agree...
    +1

I'm in a sense surprised, but glad that Diablo III didn't win "most anticipated".

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan9 View Post
    The VG Awards became a cheap-ass event the moment the latest nobody, Charlie Sheen, had his drug-addled face plastered all over the event. I guess he has to take whatever gig he can get after his fiasco and the VGA game popularity contest couldn't resist the opportunity to add another whack-job celebrity to their marketing campaign.

Point being that I find it difficult to take many of those awards seriously. I mean, FFS, Portal 2 best PC game? What HAVE they been smoking? Portal 2 better than Battlefield 3 or The Witcher 2? What the fuck ever.

I feel Bastion fully deserved its win. Although I feel it, like Portal 2, only received votes because it was a game voters "recognised" more than actually bothered playing.

I'm sorry, I enjoyed DA2, but the Witcher 2 was clearly the superior game. By far.

The Spike VGA's are like MTV Movie Awards which something like Twilight wins best picture not because it's good but because it's what the people watching want to see.

Don't give me best shooter/rpg/action blah blah blah, I want stuff that actually matters in terms of pushing the industry forward. Stuff like; technical achievement, best animation, most innovative game play systems, most interesting game world, best new IP. Like WTF does "Most Anticipated Game" even mean, it's pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by MOnk View Post
    Like WTF does "Most Anticipated Game" even mean, it's pointless.
    That would be the one belonging to the publisher with the best marketing team

No surprises on Skyrim winning, Glad Bastion got a win for something as well. I didnt like how we only had a few choices to vote. How were the nominations chosen...
    Last edited by saeros; 11-12-2011 at 11:03 PM.

IMO Portal 2 deserved all the credit it got and then some. The omission of The Witcher 2 was surprising though, it's like it never existed. But I don't take these awards too seriously, though I am looking forward to the Gametrailers games of the year selection.