Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Xbox

15 83.33%
  • PS3

3 16.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Xbox noisy?

I've had the old white Xbox 360 since 2009 with absolutely no problems,i installed my games to the hard drive and this reduced the noise considerably.Recently bought a new 4GB model and it's even better.

As mentioned before,it comes down to which exclusives you prefer but you're a winner either way.

Quote Originally Posted by bradbear117 View Post
    yep makes no difference. I couldn't decide either a while back so I just bought the more affordable one(xbox) and haven't been dissapointed in the slightest.
    Exactly my reason. At the time I was buying, the PS3 was over R5k, so I went with the Xbox. Never been disappointed.
    I've got a 60Gig Pro which is 3.5years old and still going strong!! Best.buy.ever
    The noise doesn't bother me, but watching a DVD can be a little noisy on mine - but thats mainly coz mine is so old. Plus, DVD players now are only R300 for some of them - so if the noise bothers you just buy a dedicated dvd player.

@OP: Why not online play? With offline you're just looking at the tip of the iceberg, there's much more to it that that.

Xbox all the way!!!!!

I own both and I would take my Xbox over my PS3 any day!

New Xbox as mentioned is not noisy at all even if you run games off the disc and they don't over heat.
    "My friend told me the other day that I was delusional. I almost fell off my Unicorn."

The Legendary Troll Hunter OmegaFenix's Avatar

I love my Xbox & PS3 equally, both have given me some awesome gaming moments.

Sent from my iPhone
    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

‚Äč

I have an old model xbox, and a ps3, and they are both fairly noisy, and they do both run hot, but neither has actually overheated. I actually notice the noise from the PS3 more than I do from the XBox.

I must say that although I love both, I love my xbox the most. The controllers feel better, and if you do some research, more often than not, when a game is available on both consoles, it's slightly better on the xbox. Not always the case, but most comparisons I've seen favour the xbox.

The xbox interface is continually evolving, but the ps3 interface hasn't really changed since I've had it. The PS3 often has massive update patches that don't seem to actually do anything, while the xbox patches seem to be much smaller downloads, less often and usually add new functionality.

I know you say just for offline gaming, but you might want to go online sometime and XBox Live is an awesome service, especially if you get a Gold account. Ya you have to pay for it, but it's affordable, and it is a premium service. You can get a 12 months from Takealot for R265, which works out to about R22 per month.

That said, the PS3 is also a fantastic console, and has some great exclusives, and the bonus of being a blu-ray player. But mine mostly acts as a media centre. I generally just play the exclusives on it.
    Last edited by matt; 21-12-2011 at 10:21 AM.

Original Xbox 360 was pretty noisy, although the PS3 also gets quite loud when it gets hot. As far as reliability goes I don't think it matters which you get. The most important thing is deciding what games you want to play.

I have both, so I can't comment on which I'd get if I had to do it all over.

Quote Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
    Forza 4
    Gears of War
    Halo
    The latter two are not reasons I'd get an Xbox. Same goes for Killzone and God of War.

Quote Originally Posted by matt View Post
    The xbox interface is continually evolving, but the ps3 interface hasn't really changed since I've had it. The PS3 often has massive update patches that don't seem to actually do anything, while the xbox patches seem to be much smaller downloads, less often and usually add new functionality.
    For me that's mostly a plus on the PS3 side. Microsoft has now completely mucked up the Xbox interface.