Thread: So....What should I get?

The Resident Young'un Magnarmalok's Avatar

Question So....What should I get?

So, my xbox is arriving sometime this week, and now all I'm wondering is, what should I get? :? So far I know, I know about the HDMI thingy, but what else is there? Also, what sorcerous doodads can I do on my xbox to make it just that much more awesome? :?

Create an UK or USA account to get full access to all the great arcade games, then go and get yourself some microsoft points, about 2100 should be enough but If budget allows get the 4200 points. There are plenty of great online sites where you can do that evopoints and cheapcodes are two that come to mind. Some great arcade games : castle crashers, trials HD, splotion man,limbo,nba jam,shadow complex etc

In terms of hardware I would get a second controller with a play and charge kit, there are some great co-op games out at the moment, and playing with a friend is so much more enjoyable. I cant imagine life without my play and charge kit, you wont regret it.

I'm assuming you have an HD TV, since you're getting an HDMI cable.
    The Kinect looks like a fun gadget. I'm trying to convince my wife to let me get one.

Eastern Cape, about 70meters from the ocean

Quote Originally Posted by matt View Post
    I'm assuming you have an HD TV, since you're getting an HDMI cable.
    The Kinect looks like a fun gadget. I'm trying to convince my wife to let me get one.
    Kinect = extreme laughs with the family because everyone can play, even our technophobe wives!

A decent headset such as turtle beaches, astros, trittons etc

Sent from my Desire HD using MyGaming Android App

Halo Reach and Gears of war 3.

That is all you need.
    "My friend told me the other day that I was delusional. I almost fell off my Unicorn."

Quote Originally Posted by Grimspoon View Post
    Halo Reach and Gears of war 3.

That is all you need.
    Definitely GoW 3. Awesome game. I didn't find Reach that enjoyable, it lacked something that Halo 3 had. Halo's multiplayer is great if you play online, or 4 players local.

Forza 3/4 can go too, that is pretty lekker. Also if you haven't played Mass Effect 1 yet, do it. Old school, I know, but very cool. If you plan on using it as a DVD player (if you don't have a PS3), get the DVD controller for like R170 from Kalahari. Saves you tons on controller batteries. Speaking of which, see if you can hook yourself up with plug and play charge kits. They aren't that expensive and they are well worth it.
    That's what she said.

The Dork Knight.