• PS3

3 16.67%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Xbox noisy?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Xbox noisy?

Hi all gamers,

I am deciding between Xbox and PS3. (Only for offline game playing.)

I initially thought to get an Xbox, but after reading online reviews, I hear people saying that Xboxes are noisy and overheat etc. and the PS3 has a blu-ray player which is an added bonus.

I see this topic has been covered many times already but I just wanted to find out about the noise and overheating - are any Xbox owners experiencing that and would you go for PS3 if you had to do it all from the start?

I own both. You're welcome to buy my PS3.

Each has their exclusive titles which make them amazing in their own rights. Do your research and see which suits you best.

The biggest reason I love my xbox is the controller and interface. I could jam for hours on end, whereas the ps3 controller cramps up my hands and just doesn't feel right.

As for the BluRay part, I thought it would be a nice selling point too. Problem is, I don't rent movies or buy bluray disks, so it's a little like buying a 4x4 and only driving around in the city. Wasted potential.

Whichever route you go, it won't be a case of you being unhappy with your choice. It's kinda like trying to decide which playboy model you're taking home for the night. Either way, you're a winner.

The Resident Young'un Magnarmalok's Avatar

I always wanted to get myself a PS3, for the sole reason of the final fantasy games alone, however when I recently started browsing through all the xbox games (cuz I won, whooop) I noticed xbox also has a range of FF's, so there went my reason for buying a PS3. Also on games like skyrim the xbox seems to shine, so just keep that in mind :?

Forza 4
    Gears of War
    Halo

3 really good reasons to get a X360.
    Even if you buy it just to play any of the above mentioned titles you'll feel that it was a great investment.
    As for the RROD issues, they seem to have fixed that completely with the X360 S.
    Eat - Sleep - Overclock - Repeat

Original Xbox 360 was pretty noisy, although the PS3 also gets quite loud when it gets hot. As far as reliability goes I don't think it matters which you get. The most important thing is deciding what games you want to play.

I have both, so I can't comment on which I'd get if I had to do it all over.

Quote Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
    Forza 4
    Gears of War
    Halo
    The latter two are not reasons I'd get an Xbox. Same goes for Killzone and God of War.

Thanks for all the replies guys. I think I'm back to Xbox with my choice. Voicy summed it up very nicely.

Whichever route you go, it won't be a case of you being unhappy with your choice. It's kinda like trying to decide which playboy model you're taking home for the night. Either way, you're a winner.
    I guess it's the problem with the times we live in. We have TOO many choices.

Quote Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
    Forza 4
    Gears of War
    Halo

3 really good reasons to get a X360.
    Even if you buy it just to play any of the above mentioned titles you'll feel that it was a great investment.
    As for the RROD issues, they seem to have fixed that completely with the X360 S.
    I beg to differ. I have an X360, but not one of those games. I've played them all and I probably never will buy any of them. Not a fan of Halo or Gears and simulators are not my cup of tea. Before you call me a PS3 fanboy know that I dislike God of War and Metal Gear Solid as well. Each to his own ...

Games making X360 worth it IMO include Metro 2033, Divinity II, Dead Rising and the upcoming Witcher II of course.

PS3 still has (far) better exclusives though, but both consoles have their advantages and disadvantages.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyGaming Android App

Eastern Cape, about 70meters from the ocean

yep makes no difference. I couldn't decide either a while back so I just bought the more affordable one(xbox) and haven't been dissapointed in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by bradbear117 View Post
    yep makes no difference. I couldn't decide either a while back so I just bought the more affordable one(xbox) and haven't been dissapointed in the slightest.
    Exactly my reason. At the time I was buying, the PS3 was over R5k, so I went with the Xbox. Never been disappointed.
    I've got a 60Gig Pro which is 3.5years old and still going strong!! Best.buy.ever
    The noise doesn't bother me, but watching a DVD can be a little noisy on mine - but thats mainly coz mine is so old. Plus, DVD players now are only R300 for some of them - so if the noise bothers you just buy a dedicated dvd player.

@OP: Why not online play? With offline you're just looking at the tip of the iceberg, there's much more to it that that.

The Xbox 360 (the older version is very noisy, yes). But I love it to bits. For gaming, this is definitely the console that you want. I do play a lot of PS3 these days, but all I am doing there is catching up to the exclusives.
    That's what she said.

The Dork Knight.