Thread: PlayStation Vita's Poor Hardware, Software Sales

Default PlayStation Vita's Poor Hardware, Software Sales

The PlayStation Vita launched in Japan on December 17th to decent numbers, selling 325,000 units in 48 hours. But software sales at retail were underwhelming, with a reported attach rate of only 0.92 games per system sold. Of course, that suggested that many games were being bought digitally via the PlayStation Network. But still, eagerness arose about how the handheld would do during a full week on the market. And now we know.
    According to Andriasang, which interpreted the Japanese hardware sales results from Media Create, PlayStation Vita only sold 72,479 units between December 19th and December 25th, with lifetime sales results now hovering around 400,000.
    In comparison, Nintendo 3DS sold 482,200 units in the same time period, and even Vita's predecessor, PSP, sold 101,121 units.
    Andriasang also notes Vita's lackluster software sales, citing Media Create's charts which had no Vita game in the top 20 games sold in Japan in the same time period. Indeed, you'd have to go all the way down to the bottom of the top 50 games sold to find four Vita games. Hot Shots Golf 6 placed 37th, Uncharted: Golden Abyss placed 40th, Dynasty Warriors Next placed 44th, and Lord of Apocalypse placed 49th.
    http://vita.ign.com/articles/121/1215539p1.html

I knew it was a failure...The price is insane...seriously cooked in the head pricing
    Eat - Sleep - Overclock - Repeat

Well the 3DS didn't start off all that well either.... much better yes(but still considered bit bad) but give it some time and lets have a look(secretly want it to burn in hell, but I'm gooi-ing a unbiased opinion here )
    DALA SQUAD
    Loud, Proud and Ombeskof

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonic View Post
    Well the 3DS didn't start off all that well either.... much better yes(but still considered bit bad) but give it some time and lets have a look(secretly want it to burn in hell, but I'm gooi-ing a unbiased opinion here )
    Mmmm, Have you seen local pricing? I have xD R3300 and then you still need to get the extra battery pack and a 32GB memory card..which means a handheld device now costs more than a full on PS3 or even a full on X360 slim...Its fucking crazy lol
    Last edited by The Joker; 30-12-2011 at 10:22 AM.
    Eat - Sleep - Overclock - Repeat

The Legendary Troll Hunter OmegaFenix's Avatar

3DS can play all DS games plus you know Nintendo has a rather full library of games that will come to the 3DS.
    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

‚Äč

Quote Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
    Mmmm, Have you seen local pricing? I have xD R3300 and then you still need to get the extra battery pack and a 32GB memory card..which means a handheld device now costs more than a full on PS3 or even a full on X360 slim...Its fucking crazy lol
    Jaaaasis! I got my 3DS for R3200 at launch including Super Street Fighter IV :/ and 2GB Memory Card which isnt close to being full :/ ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaFenix View Post
    3DS can play all DS games plus you know Nintendo has a rather full library of games that will come to the 3DS.
    Yes quite true
    DALA SQUAD
    Loud, Proud and Ombeskof

Jaaaasis! I got my 3DS for R3200 at launch including Super Street Fighter IV :/ and 2GB Memory Card which isnt close to being full :/ ouch.

Yes quite true
    I got it on launch day through Exclusives...was one of the first number of people and combined it with some promotional code, so I got it with SSFIV3D for R2600. Not bad.
    That's what she said.

The Dork Knight.