View Poll Results: What did you think of the new Tintin movie?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Loved it!

11 68.75%
  • Meh...

4 25.00%
  • Hated it!

1 6.25%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tintin Movie

Default Tintin Movie

I want to know what you guys think of the new Tintin movie? Did you spot all the references to other Tintin books?
    Watch my latest video on YouTube, all about a Portal 2 turret! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFpwGxsRAt0

Regretfully have not seen it yet!

I'm keen to see this. Is it nice in 3D? Cause I'm not the biggest fan of 3D. Best was Despicable Me IMO and the rest sucked. Rio as OK.

It's motion-capture 3D, so they basically film the actors with cameras all around them, and then their movements are mapped onto the skeleton of the 3D character. They used it in the film The Polar Express, as well as Monster House, although the technology was more basic then.

The problem with it is that sometimes, if the character is slightly off, because they look so much like a normal person, you instantly spot it and then you get the uncanny valley effect. I personally think that the Tintin movie does it extremely well, a reason that Steven Spielberg waited to make this movie was for better motion-capture technology to come out.
    Watch my latest video on YouTube, all about a Portal 2 turret! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFpwGxsRAt0

Still wanna go see it, but worried that the 3D thing might actually ruin it. 3D really no all that appealing tbo.

I haven't watched it yet, but I am looking forward to doing it. I read most of the comics and watched some of the old cartoon. Reviews are positive and it has some talent behind it

It had the most realistic graphics so far!

We watched it. I loved the rendering and the animation (textures) were mind blowing. I found the plot of the story to be quite good (it's TinTin, duh) but I found myself "bored" at some of the action sequences because it seems like the director had A.D.D at some stage.

You know when they try to make a sequence feel like a "rollercoaster" of events? Like that, but with cheap tricks and predictable twists. Meh.

For me, the only reason to get this movie on Blu Ray would be as a show case for brilliant rendering. In terms of story telling, I'll stick my original Tintin box set DVDs.

I can add this though; One of my friends who we went with to go see the movie has read all of the Tintin books (comics) and he said the movie is pretty accurately based on those...to some that's important.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    You know when they try to make a sequence feel like a "rollercoaster" of events? Like that, but with cheap tricks and predictable twists. Meh..
    I hate that. Probably the main reason why I don't bother watching most new films.

Did I fall asleep twice during the movie because it wasn't entertaining, or was it not entertaining because I fell asleep twice? Not entirely sure yet, but maybe I'll discover the answer when I watch it again on some kind of disc. I felt like there was something missing, or maybe there was too much of something else? It might've been devoid of a soul, perhaps the music was overpowering or the popcorn was stale and the smell of diseased feet was in the air.

Impressive animation though.