Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Steam hits 5 million concurrent users

Default Steam hits 5 million concurrent users

Steam logs 5 million concurrent users

PC GAMING IS NOT DEAD OKAY!?

Irony is more and more games need steam. Not necessarily a bad thing but i expect the number of user to grow.

Steam is quite bloated though. I would say redo the whole program, but the logistics of taking down a huge gaming platform for even 1 day...
    Watch my latest video on YouTube, all about a Portal 2 turret! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFpwGxsRAt0

I'm one of them \/ currently at work but my PC at home is still online
    DALA SQUAD
    Loud, Proud and Ombeskof

Quote Originally Posted by addam View Post
    Steam is quite bloated though. I would say redo the whole program, but the logistics of taking down a huge gaming platform for even 1 day...
    How is it bloated?
    T A N S T A A F L

Well I find that it crashes quite often, and is sometimes quite unresponsive or slow, especially when trying to pause downloads, it will often freeze-up and crash. And yes, I have reinstalled it multiple times, it's just how Steam is on my computer, and I don't think it's my computers fault. But, I understand why it has these issues, and I can live with them.
    Watch my latest video on YouTube, all about a Portal 2 turret! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFpwGxsRAt0

What is your connection speed? When using my slow Telkom DSL line my Steam tends to be unresponsive and slow but when using 8ta all these problems seems to disappear, I wonder if one's connection speed is a factor?

Quote Originally Posted by Zomosa View Post
    What is your connection speed? When using my slow Telkom DSL line my Steam tends to be unresponsive and slow but when using 8ta all these problems seems to disappear, I wonder if one's connection speed is a factor?
    Its is I think. On 384k I had much more pausing than I do on a 1 meg line.
    T A N S T A A F L

I have a 6MB line, but it was the same when I had a 384KB line. I don't think that line speed affects everything, just stuff that needs to load a webpage e.g. the store.

I find that when my internet connection goes bad, Steam freezes up... until I reset my modem anyways. Other than that I have no issues with Steam.

I'm also one of those who is online. My Steam is always open even when working. That way any updates / patches that gets released are automatically downloaded during the week so that if I want to play over the weekend, everything is ready and up to date.

No guts, no glory, no brain, same story.