Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Diablo 3 - Major delays likely.

Default Diablo 3 - Major delays likely.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4325...1_19_2012#blog

The blog details massive overhauls to Diablo 3's most fundamental systems including: Stats, potions, scrolls of identification and portal, and The Cauldron of Jordan and Nephalem Cube.

It's probably safe to say that Diablo will now be delayed for many more months until "it's done". A part of me just died.
    CPU: AMD PhenomII Quad-Core 3.2GHz
    RAM: 2x2Gb ddr2-1066MHz
    GPU: HD 5870

It was to be expected.
    T A N S T A A F L

This is turning into Duke Nukem Forever.

Seriously..I've had a pre order on this game for a long time...and now this..lol
    Eat - Sleep - Overclock - Repeat

SIGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

It will never arrive.
    Last edited by MOnk; 20-01-2012 at 12:14 AM.

As Joker said - this is exactly what happened to Duke Nukem Forever - hopefully it doesn't have the same fate since i will probably cry if it does... We don't have 10 more years Blizzard! The end of the world is almost here!
    "Those who criticize our generation forget who raised it" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
    This is turning into Duke Nukem Forever.

Seriously..I've had a pre order on this game for a long time...and now this..lol
    Sure like last year Nov somewhere, that's very long *erm*

My CE was pre-orded on:
    Tuesday 1st of November 2011 05:12:09 PM

That's 2 months back, shocking
    // Previously known as Blind Faith or Pr⊕phet
    // Sign up to Greenman Gaming and get $2 FREE in-store credit.

The Legendary Troll Hunter OmegaFenix's Avatar

This "Information" is being leaked when the only reason they are delaying it is to release the PC and Console version together.
    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

I'm not sure I agree with the conclusion that these changes will necessarily cause a major increase in development time of the game.

While the systems changed are part of the core mechanics they aren't what I would call "fundamental" on a technical level.

For the most part it's mechanics tweaks. If they coded the way I hope they coded these are mostly trivial to implement, but difficult to conceive and balance.

That said, I disagree with their changes to the crafting system. Just because some players weren't picking up white items doesn't mean all of us weren't.

This now means that a hoarder like me will have to do inventory management while in a dungeon with other players because in beta I find *everyone* simply boss rushes to farm rares. With my trusty Nephalem Cube I could just harvest my white items for crafting components and soldier on while my party members left everything behind.

Now the decision on play style has been made for us. After a few hours of play white items will just be added to the list of crap you don't need to pick up.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Well for me what I don't understand is that after 10years of development and 4years since announcement they are STILL changing their mind about CORE game mechanics. Like how can they change itemization paradyme months before release and they still talk about completely overhauling the rune system for the 2nd or 3rd time in as many years.

This isn't balance and bug fixes one would expect to see from a game near release these are fundamental changes that should have been finalized years ago.