Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Launch dates revealed for AMD 7770 and 7750..7870 to follow in March

Default Launch dates revealed for AMD 7770 and 7750..7870 to follow in March

Everyone who is expecting to grab one of the newest graphics cards is probably waiting for cards from performance market segment. These cards are not cheap but are also not that expensive. First Radeon’s to be released after HD 7950 would be HD 7770 and 7750, which is launching on February 15th. Next to follow are cards from HD 7800 Series, which are expected in March.

Radeon HD 7770 and 7750 will both feature 1GB of GDDR5 memory. According to previous reports card would be clocked at 900 MHz core frequency, which would include 896 and 832 stream processors, and 56 and 52 texture units. The HD 7770 will be priced at $149, and HD 7750 will be available at $139.

Radeon HD 7850 and HD 7870 featuring 2 GB of RAM will have core and memory frequencies, comparable to 77×0 series, however they will pack from 1280 (HD 7850) to 1408 (HD 7870) stream processors, and from 80 to 88 texture units. HD7870 will retail for $299, and HD7850 will be $249
    I know a lot of you guys have been looking forward to the launch of these cards.
    Hope this eases the wait a little bit.
    Eat - Sleep - Overclock - Repeat

YES! More in my range... I just don't have the money for a bigger card. Anyone have a crossfire 775 motherboard lying around?
    Please keep all extremities tucked in...

Man, why March? That's such a busy gaming month that I won't have money for the 7850/7870.

I like the specs though, the 7870 is almost on par with the 5870, but the smaller die size should help give it much higher clocking potential.

Looks like it will be a 7850 for me. If it is $249 then that should be R2k. In SA I reckon it should end up being around R3k which is the most I would spend on a gpu.
    contact me if you are in Cape Town and looking for PC Hardware at very competitive pricing. We also do web and graphic design.

The prices of Nvidia will drop and yo uwill be able to get a 580GTX for close to that price soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Isengard View Post
    Man, why March? That's such a busy gaming month that I won't have money for the 7850/7870.

I like the specs though, the 7870 is almost on par with the 5870, but the smaller die size should help give it much higher clocking potential.
    Link to where you found these details please! i did a quick search and came up with nothing...

Quote Originally Posted by axon1988 View Post
    Link to where you found these details please! i did a quick search and came up with nothing...
    It's all quoted in the OP, but I'd also like a link to the article.

Quote Originally Posted by Isengard View Post
    It's all quoted in the OP, but I'd also like a link to the article.
    Ah... The Joker, please enlighten us!

LOL Its a secret :P

@Cranky..no chance on the price drops for the 580's I can garuntee you that. Maybe towards the end of the year you'll see a slight price drop.

Will update once I get more acurate reports. The above one does seem legit though.