Page 2 of 669 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 502 ... LastLast

Thread: Guild Wars 2

Quote Originally Posted by Oculate View Post
    www.guildwars2.com

animated and shiny /drools
    That must have been put up like yesterday/today, as it wasn't up around 2 days ago

I was disappointed when it finished loading though lol. Was expecting information, not just an animation haha.
    PSN: LydonMcG

They really need to stop teasing us and give us something more substantial already.

*clic... doh. Capped.

I just wish / hope GW2 had more meaningful progression (and yes I understand why GW is the way it is). Otherwise I may get real bored with it. GW certainly does not adhere to MMORPG systems so much so that I see it more as a MMO-lite with some RPG elements.

But I do understand that GW is trying to do something different, so perhaps I retract my previous statement somewhat. Not everything has to be like the standard, and for good reasons, it is just too bad I like the standard >_<

Well, I for one like the instancing and in GW2 they will have a combination of both, some instanced areas and others not.

They have tried a very simple concept with GW1, which was simply revolutionary and the game has been massively successful with it.
    And this is the one BIG Plus and ONE of the MAIN reasons I have stuck with GW1 is because it is free-to-play. This is HUGE for me. Especially for what you get in return. There is simply no comparison.
    Last edited by lilDeath; 18-08-2009 at 10:49 PM.
    What the mind can conceive, it can achieve.

Yeah I would have to agree generally.

I can put up with instancing, but GW is just too heavy with it. I know it can be a chore farming or whatever in other games competing with others. It just feels like a more real dynamic world because of bumping into people.

For me I like a sense of 'real' progression in my RPG's. I know this is totally relative, but I like the gear upgrades, the leveling up and the like. All that GW really has once you can access to all the skills / max gear for builds, is pretty much a fashion upgrade. Getting access to the gear and skills does not take very long as well. You can also get titles, but man I do not get the point for so much effort required for some just to have a title name on my characters.

Again I stress, I get what this game is trying to achieve. So once again I retract most of what I say for the sake of people that love how it is.

I remain just curious about GW2.

UPDATE!

Apparently IGN have some info to reveal soon.

Logo:

Info:
    Hey all, Last week I promised you’d get your first glimpse of Guild Wars 2 “very soon now”. That day is almost here.
    I want to thank all our fans for their patience as we developed the game to the point where we can start talking about it publically. I know you’ve all been anxiously awaiting this moment. You’ll soon understand how ambitious we’ve been and what we’ve accomplished during these past two years of development. We still have a lot of work ahead of us, but from here on out we’ll be able to provide you with more regular updates.
    Guild Wars 2 is going to be a huge leap beyond the original. We have the best team in the industry executing at the top of their game, and I’m very proud of what our team has accomplished so far. As I said last week, I’m confident that when you get your first look at what we’ve been working on, you’re going to love what you see. Stay tuned for an exciting week ahead.

----

And lastly, anyone think it's veeeery interesting they're doing this in BlizzCon week? Trying to steal WoW's thunder maybe? We've apparently been promised a trailer.
    Last edited by Lydon; 18-08-2009 at 11:35 PM.

I actually stopped breathing there for a minute...

Hot Damn.
    What the mind can conceive, it can achieve.

My heart raced when I read it <3

SO stoked omg. Hope we get info on professions and some screenies maybe!

I give to you - a piece of concept art!

Corrupted Orr: