Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 73

Thread: MegaUpload Shut Down

  1. #1

    Exclamation MegaUpload Shut Down

    Feds shut down Megaupload for piracy. Alarming news considering all the controversy around SOPA.

    Who knows what's next.

  2. #2

    Default

    Wonder if folks will be refunded their subscriptions... Hmm...

    Regardless, one more reason why the USA is the last place on earth I'd ever want to live.

  3. #3

    Default

    Wow this is shocking. OUCH:

    The indictment goes after six individuals, who between them owned 14 Mercedes-Benz automobiles with license plates such as "POLICE," "MAFIA," "V," "STONED," "CEO," "HACKER," GOOD," "EVIL," and—perhaps presciently—"GUILTY." The group also had a 2010 Maserati, a 2008 Rolls-Royce, and a 1989 Lamborghini. They had not one but three Samsung 83" TVs, and two Sharp 108" TVs. Someone owned a "Predator statue." Motor bikes, jet skis, artwork, and even 60 Dell servers could all be forfeit to the government if it can prove its case against the members of the "Mega Conspiracy."
    XBOX LIVE: LEEZOZO PSN: LEE4ZEENA TWITTER: LEEZOZO

  4. #4
    The thing that should not be Tsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    In james car
    Posts
    17,507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    Wonder if folks will be refunded their subscriptions... Hmm...

    Regardless, one more reason why the USA is the last place on earth I'd ever want to live.
    You and me both. Police state.

  5. #5
    MG's resident Boozer _Caboose_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Battle.net
    Posts
    6,340

    Default

    Ok i dont get this at all, why go for megaupload but not rapidshare???

    I wouldve rather gone for rapidshare if were the states (not saying i dont condone the raid) but rapidshare is WAY bigger than megaupload

  6. #6
    The Legendary Troll Hunter OmegaFenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Not here....
    Posts
    34,144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Caboose_ View Post
    Ok i dont get this at all, why go for megaupload but not rapidshare???

    I wouldve rather gone for rapidshare if were the states (not saying i dont condone the raid) but rapidshare is WAY bigger than megaupload
    Megaupload must have done something that attracted attention.
    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"


  7. #7
    The Legendary Troll Hunter OmegaFenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Not here....
    Posts
    34,144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsar View Post
    You and me both. Police state.
    Didn't the SA goverment recently pass a secrecy bill? So technically you are already in a Police State.
    And just for future reference I dont think any one of us have any idea what a Police State really is like, the USA has many freedoms, more so than alot of people, a fact which simply wouldn't be if it was, as you say, a "Police State"
    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"


  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Caboose_ View Post
    Ok i dont get this at all, why go for megaupload but not rapidshare???

    I wouldve rather gone for rapidshare if were the states (not saying i dont condone the raid) but rapidshare is WAY bigger than megaupload
    megaupload has their servers situated in the us and rapidshare somewhere in europe

  9. #9
    The thing that should not be Tsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    In james car
    Posts
    17,507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OmegaFenix View Post
    Didn't the SA goverment recently pass a secrecy bill? So technically you are already in a Police State.
    And just for future reference I dont think any one of us have any idea what a Police State really is like, the USA has many freedoms, more so than alot of people, a fact which simply wouldn't be if it was, as you say, a "Police State"
    heh. America is not as free as you like to think.

  10. #10
    The Legendary Troll Hunter OmegaFenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Not here....
    Posts
    34,144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsar View Post
    heh. America is not as free as you like to think.
    No, but no one is really free. But they are alot further from Police State than your paranoid little mind wants to believe.
    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •