Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: COD to BF3 - difficult to adapt

Default COD to BF3 - difficult to adapt

Ok, so I finally got BF3 after frothing about it for a couple of months, and being a huge COD fan (I own COD2 all the way to MW3) I'm having difficulty adapting .

Surely I can't be the only one here? Anyone got any tips?

I'm trying to play more cautiously and objective based, as opposed to just my usual COD rambo style. But a couple of these matches I just got absolutely annihilated regardless.

The thing that should not be Tsar's Avatar

It takes time. Lots of skilled players on bf 3. Also stick with a squad if you can.(most of the time I end up with a useless squad)

Quote Originally Posted by markface View Post
    Ok, so I finally got BF3 after frothing about it for a couple of months, and being a huge COD fan (I own COD2 all the way to MW3) I'm having difficulty adapting .

I'm trying to play more cautiously and objective based, as opposed to just my usual COD rambo style. But a couple of these matches I just got absolutely annihilated regardless.
    The biggest problem I had in the beginning with BF3 was playing it with my "COD Mentality". Took me about 20 in game hours to fully shake this and start pomping

Watch youtube vids check pwnstar4hire 's vids and basically other clan conquest and rush vids... obviously avoid xbox and ps3 ones... they give you a false sense of other peoples lack of skill. True story.

Quote Originally Posted by Maplassie View Post
    The biggest problem I had in the beginning with BF3 was playing it with my "COD Mentality". Took me about 20 in game hours to fully shake this and start pomping
    "COD Mentality" works for me ... leave none alive

A tree never hits an automobile except in self-defence.

Always stick with your squaddies

A good squad has:

- Someone to heal and revive
    - Someone to resupply or repair
    - Good frontal assault (not everyone can be a combat sniper)
    - Communication (knowing which objectives to go for - no use if each guy does his own thing)

What separates the BF franchise from the rest is the amount of toys to your disposal.

All the jets/choppers/tanks etc. aside, you have loads of goodies. Mobile spawn points, claymores, SOFLAM's (laser spotting, allowing others to take down enemies with guided missiles)

However, what I find the most useful is the manual spotting tool. Pressing Q when you see an enemy, will highlight him on your entire team's minimap. It's very useful for letting people know where snipers are and letting your jets know where the enemy jets are.

I've played Bf2 & Project reality since '06 and I'm nowhere near the top half of players, but I still enjoy the teamwork and non linear approach to things. It caters for everyone's play style. Try out different kits and see what you enjoy.

Run and Gun don't work, we sqd up together and when we approach a flag we split and cover each other, If you find a good sqd you will enjoy it much more, make sure tho that you do your bit as per your class, or you might be kicked from your sqd.

Quote Originally Posted by markface View Post

FINALLY! Now I just need to get MW3 so I can game with all of u guys again.. Wen we are both on I'll send u a invite to the game so we can at least have a 2 man squad... Did u get the karkand dlc too?
    Corsair Carbide Spec-01, MSI Z97Z SLI Krait ed., Seasonic S12II 520w, Gigabyte Geforce GTX 970, Mushkin Blackline 8gb, i5 4690k, 1 TB

As a cod player myself i learned very quickly that the best is to stick with your team.

As a level 1 noob points are hard to come by so what I suggest is that you and your squad try and assault flags as much as possible and get the points from the flags till you acquire weapons that work well . Start with assault as healing is way easy and the Guns are more powerful than most. Dont open fire . Fire in bursts. There has been some very good conversions from cod to BF 3 like Rora1 that has a 700+ SPm Rora has never played any BF title before BF 3

Eastern Cape, about 70meters from the ocean

I found that playing CoD for a while actually made me better. The pace of CoD is way quicker than BF3 so the reflexes are made pretty sharp, unless you're in vehicles then you just have to practice that.
    I usually play BF3 outside of a squad and just back up whoever I come across in need of help.