Thread: Help me make a decision

Default Help me make a decision

My friend wants to sell his small Sony Ericcson Xperia (I don't know which model, I will post soon). He'll be selling it for R.700 and I think it's pretty good for a android phone. I have a Nokia 2700 and it's okay, but I want a android phone and it seems like a good price. I'll ask to see the phone, but I think he has kept it in good condition. Should I buy it or another phone, because people say it's not a good idea to buy a phone second hand

70c for a phone is quite cheap. (I'm just trolling your typo)

If it's a good friend, ask if you could try the phone out over a weekend. I've bought 2nd hand phones from 2 of my mates in the past and never had any issues.

I'm loving my android atm, so if you're into that kind of thing, R700 isn't all that bad I suppose.

I'm not so sure though... I would go online and see what else I can find. Go to www.carbonite.co.za and maybe the classifieds section of mybroadband. See what the people are selling there for what price and then make up your mind. I'm not a big fan of the Xperia. But Android is absolutely epic.
    Please keep all extremities tucked in...

Also just check if there has been any issues with the phone. We had to take my mums in for repairs since it just stopped working - couldnt power it up nor charge it or anything. After two weeks they gave her a new one, of which the sd card isnt working. She decided to keep the phone for now instead of sending it off again.

The best thing you could do, as previously said, is to take the phone use it for a week and then decide. Also I would not buy a phone older that 4 years. If its been used full time for more than 4 years general ware an tare will give you problems. It might not leave the phone in an unusable state but you might be wasting you money.

Nvm the Xperia. His not going to sell it any more. Since I have a thread about a phone, suggest a Android phone, preferably with a keypad/keyboard thats under R2500. It can have a touch screen, but it should have a 3MP camera, flash, alot of memory and the ability to take about a 4 Gig memory card

I have the Motorola Atrix and Defy. Both are great phones. The Defy I use for my outdoors adventures, tough little phone and decent specs for it's price. Same goes for the Atrix. However I'm not really a Motorola fan, maybe look at samsung. Keypads / Keyboards on android phones are almost special features. Specially if you want a qwerty keyboard. And getting a decent android phone for R2500 isn't easy. So good luck.
    Please keep all extremities tucked in...