Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 44

Thread: Assholes who send abusive messages on XBL

  1. #1

    Default Assholes who send abusive messages on XBL

    Yoh, what gives people the right to send abusive messages to other people on XBL?

    Its damn annoying and often happens. I dont mind so much when it happens to me, but just recently my wife was playing MW3 by herself and had one good game. She was running around mainly with dual FMG9's and got a great score. THen some asshole send her a message along the lines of, "YOu f&%ing P, thats f&%ing gay! [email protected]#k you! etc etc etc" along those lines for about 15seconds.

    Now is that really necessary?! Really? Does anyone else have this kind of issue?

  2. #2
    The Legendary Troll Hunter OmegaFenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Not here....
    Posts
    34,144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by markface View Post
    Yoh, what gives people the right to send abusive messages to other people on XBL?

    Its damn annoying and often happens. I dont mind so much when it happens to me, but just recently my wife was playing MW3 by herself and had one good game. She was running around mainly with dual FMG9's and got a great score. THen some asshole send her a message along the lines of, "YOu f&%ing P, thats f&%ing gay! [email protected]#k you! etc etc etc" along those lines for about 15seconds.

    Now is that really necessary?! Really? Does anyone else have this kind of issue?
    No coz we dont play MW3

    If you get a message like that, as you will the interwebz being full of people like that, you can report the user as well as block any further communication. As for verbal abuse during gameplay, there is also reporting the user or just muting everybody.

    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"


  3. #3

    Default

    Too true. But really, I have never felt the need to send a message to someone because I can't play to their standard. Its just crazy.

  4. #4
    The Legendary Troll Hunter OmegaFenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Not here....
    Posts
    34,144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by markface View Post
    Too true. But really, I have never felt the need to send a message to someone because I can't play to their standard. Its just crazy.
    Some people are just shithead douchbags. The internet is full of them, never underestimate the stupidness of our species.
    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"


  5. #5
    Local caffeine junky matt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Johannesburg, SA
    Posts
    6,516

    Default

    It's never happened to me as far as I can remember. Best to ignore it, or report and block the dude. It's sad that it happens, but unfortunately, people can be assholes

  6. #6
    Thread Killer Murph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    20,136

    Default

    Never had it myself either (sure my time will come), although 3 guys have asked me if I have a XBL sub to "spare"

  7. #7

    Default

    It's happened to me once on PSN when I came first in a TDM game also on MW3. Really just very unnecessary. Just ignored it and moved on.

  8. #8

    Default

    I don't play online, so I haven't encountered this yet. Markface-the world is full of d1cks, don't let them f*ck with you

  9. #9

    Default

    I've been lucky in that no one has ever really been an asshole towards me in an online game. I don't play online games all that often though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Murph View Post
    Never had it myself either (sure my time will come), although 3 guys have asked me if I have a XBL sub to "spare"
    Eh, I've been offered lots of MS Points by people to change my nick. I can just imagine how much people have been offered for the really popular names.

  10. #10
    The thing that should not be Tsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    In james car
    Posts
    17,507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    I've been lucky in that no one has ever really been an asshole towards me in an online game. I don't play online games all that often though.


    Eh, I've been offered lots of MS Points by people to change my nick. I can just imagine how much people have been offered for the really popular names.
    Lies you are the mafia

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •