Thread: Assassin's Creed III

Default Assassin's Creed III

I must say I am really surprised to see no thread up about this yet!

Assassin's Creed III has just been revealed via a MASSIVE interview with GameInformer !
    http://www.gameinformer.com/p/ac3.aspx

Ubisoft promises officially unveil AC3 with a trailer on March 5th, can't wait !

Here are the scans from the interview with GameInformer, if scans aren't allowed on the forum then can the mods please delete the link.
    http://www.screwattack.com/news/assa...scans-revealed

I must say I'm loving the sound of this game!

Looks like Ubisoft are not resting on the laurels
    "All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible."

- T.E. Lawrence

I'm also pretty excited for this game and for Ubisoft to say it's their biggest game launch, it has to be awesome I was pretty disappointed with Revelations, the story only got exciting towards the end and they added changes that didn't work for me, but it was still good. They shouldn't focus too much on guns and they should add more trees and jungle environments that the pics show. It's hard to imagine how they'll wrap everything up in this one game, but I'm sure they'll be able to do it.

I'm beyond amped for this AC release - I love the idea of the new improvements that they're making, glad that they've taken the tower defense system out of the game because imo it was really not a good gesture towards the game. I also think that the American Revolution is a very good setting for AC3 and I'm glad to see they're bringing in some historical favourites such as good ol' George Washington very excited to get my hands on this game
    XBOX 360: Great Solstice | PC/STEAM: souluser7 | PC/XFIRE: Great.Solstice

Official announcement trailer

Warg!

So here's a breakdown of some details for those claiming that this is just another cash-in instalment.

New environments with all-new ways to exploit them.
    Cinematic presentation extends beyond combat and into a complex way of storytelling.
    Game will have the actual Mohawk (Iroquois) language in some scenes.
    Assassin’s Creed 3 has been in development for three years, giving it the series’ longest development time.
    A new camera system will focus on the best possible view of the action.
    Game will be running on a new version of the Anvil engine.
    http://mygaming.co.za/news/news/3351...-overload.html

Players will explore the Frontier between New York and Boston, and stops in between will include Lexington & Concord and Connor's Mohawk village. The Frontier map is 1.5 times larger than the map featured in Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. Ubisoft's updated Anvil tech engine will allow for over one thousand characters to be on screen at once (such as in large battles), compared to one hundred in previous games.

Players will be able to hunt animals, selling pelts in order to earn money and survive. Fast travel between locations will be possible, and the game will also feature weather effects in both summer and winter. Quests will be initiated via clubs, such as joining a hunting club before going on a specific mission. The notoriety system will return under a different name, and players will still be able to earn money and property like in Assassin's Creed II.

As previously thought, Desmond will be involved in the game in the present day. He will no longer be in a coma and will use the Animus 3.0 to interface with Connor. Platforming levels will return, but the game will not feature tower defense elements like those in Assassin's Creed Revelations. Ubisoft hasn't commented on multiplayer.
    http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1219876p1.html

The Legendary Troll Hunter OmegaFenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Isengard View Post
    So here's a breakdown of some details for those claiming that this is just another cash-in instalment.

http://mygaming.co.za/news/news/3351...-overload.html

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1219876p1.html
    Sounds good. Haters will hate. This is going to be as different from Revelation as AC2 was to AC1.
    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaFenix View Post
    Sounds good. Haters will hate. This is going to be as different from Revelation as AC2 was to AC1.
    Dude that is pure bullshit, I actually loved the 1st AC to bits, I clocked it many many times.
    Bought the 2nd one and it was still good, then the 3rd and fourth ones, which were apparently not "The real 3rd Installment" Yet it cost the exact same, so yeah it is milking, show some innovation, there is nothing new to the core game play, still just a guy jumping from roof tops, stabbing gaurds in the back..great.

Yes you're entitled to you're opinion but I am not a Hater, Just because my opinion differs to yours.
    Eat - Sleep - Overclock - Repeat

The Legendary Troll Hunter OmegaFenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
    Dude that is pure bullshit, I actually loved the 1st AC to bits, I clocked it many many times.
    Bought the 2nd one and it was still good, then the 3rd and fourth ones, which were apparently not "The real 3rd Installment" Yet it cost the exact same, so yeah it is milking, show some innovation, there is nothing new to the core game play, still just a guy jumping from roof tops, stabbing gaurds in the back..great.

Yes you're entitled to you're opinion but I am not a Hater, Just because my opinion differs to yours.
    I don't recall saying "Joker is a hater", the universe revolves around me not you.

Brotherhood and by extension Revelation was a continuation of Ezio's story. Brotherhood build on the mechanics of 2 and Revelation stuck to what worked in Brotherhood. I'd rather they have a team working on the real III behind the scenes and still finished the story arch they started in 2 as I loved Ezio as a protagonist than cut off mid-plot and leaving me to guess what happened. Which is why in Revelation you get to see what happened to Altair post AC1, fans wanted to know and leaving us hanging at the end of AC1 and then in AC2 your suddenly someone else with no clue as to what Altair did or didn't do the rest of his life.
    AC isn't some mindless action title, its all about the narrative and characters & IMO everything in the game should compliment the narrative, even if that means giving me 2 extra games just to finish it. Plus 2 more titles in a great series what is there to complain about?

As for the price vs value of AC:BH & AC:R they had enough content to warrant a at least 10 hours of play, having clocked at least 20 for each. You say milking, I say they finished the story. I am also pretty sure lessons learnt from Brotherhood and Revelation is helping or helped shape ACIII.

Quote Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
    ...show some innovation, there is nothing new to the core game play, still just a guy jumping from roof tops, stabbing gaurds in the back..great.
    Um... it may just be me but isn't that the point of an Assassin's Creed game? What would you like the core gameplay to be like?
    The changes made between AC1 & AC2 could easily be explained away by the use of the new animus, new character etc. You can't change core gameplay with the same protagonist and have no way to explain how/why the change is there. Its the reason the tower defence mini-game fall flat. Not only was it poorly conceived it didn't fit the fiction setup in AC2 & AC:B.

So like you said, your opinion is yours and mine is mine.
    Last edited by OmegaFenix; 06-03-2012 at 10:13 AM.
    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"