Thread: Turn 10 Studios - forza horizon announced !

Default Turn 10 Studios - forza horizon announced !

Forza Horizon is an upcoming racing video game for Microsoft's Xbox 360 video game console. Developed principally by Playground Games in association with Turn 10 Studios, the game will be a part of Turn 10's long-running Forza Motorsport franchise, but is considered more of a spin-off instead of the next true member of the series. The game is expected to be released sometime in the fourth quarter of 2012.

Forza Horizon is being developed by UK-based Playground Games, which was founded by game designers formerly with studios renowned for earlier racing titles, such as Bizarre Creations (the Project Gotham Racing series and Blur) and Black Rock Studio (Pure and Split Second).

“Our goal is to turn gamers into car lovers, and car lovers into gamers,” Greenawalt said. “This is part of our DNA. That’s why we’ve been working on this series for more than 10 years. Our goal is to take people who play Skyrim and Call of Duty and make them in racing game players. That is why I come to work every day.”

When asked about Playhouse Games' involvement, Dan Greenawalt, the head of Turn 10 Studios, said, "I wouldn't trust this partner as much as I do if I didn't expect them to surprise me and surprise our players. I have respect for their ability to come up with great ideas. So I think yes, they are challenged by the customers the same way we are to surprise them with innovation. That's how they see themselves, that's how we see them, it's how they see us. It's really a shared goal."

too early to tell but it seems like an arcade take on forza to fill the project gotham gap we've been missing !

Souces: wikipedia, IGN

WOOT!!!!

I am so looking forward to this...still loving every second of Forza 4, not once have I found myself being bored
    Eat - Sleep - Overclock - Repeat

Why do you put Turn 10 in the title when the article you linked clearly says "Forza Horizon is being developed by UK-based Playground Games". "In association" is kinda like name dropping for extra credit.

Quote Originally Posted by MOnk View Post
    Why do you put Turn 10 in the title when the article you linked clearly says "Forza Horizon is being developed by UK-based Playground Games". "In association" is kinda like name dropping for extra credit.
    Maybe this is why:

Description

An all new racing game in the Forza Motorsport series featuring more exotic cars and locations.

MSRP
    N/A

Release Date

Genre
    Racing

Developer
    Turn 10 Studios

Publisher
    Microsoft

Rating
    E10 (Everyone 10 and older)
    Eat - Sleep - Overclock - Repeat

This makes me happy.

I love racing simulators and I am quite happy with what is being done with the Forza series.
    That's what she said.

The Dork Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by MOnk View Post
    when nfs shift was announced who do you think made the announcement EA or the Developer Slightly Mad ? when Metal Gear solid Rising Revengeance was announced who did the announcement the developer or Konami ?

The parent/ primary company usually make the announcements as in This case it was announced by Dan Greenwalt who is the head of TURN 10 !

Quote Originally Posted by Dohc-WP View Post
    when nfs shift was announced who do you think made the announcement EA or the Developer Slightly Mad ? when Metal Gear solid Rising Revengeance was announced who did the announcement the developer or Konami ?

The parent/ primary company usually make the announcements as in This case it was announced by Dan Greenwalt who is the head of TURN 10 !
    After I posted I realised Turn10 were probably the ones making the announcement, oh well.

@Joker, where did you get that from, everywhere else says Playground as the developer so that must be old information.