Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: E-tags will be made compulsory says SANRAL

Default E-tags will be made compulsory says SANRAL

E-tags will be made compulsory says SANRAL

The SA National Roads Association Limited (Sanral) is attempting to legally force motorists to buy an e-tag or have their driver’s licences taken away

Ironically half the taxi drivers, to whom this doesn't apply, don't have licenses to begin with.

MyGaming Comp Authoritah sycogrim's Avatar

I say we cause civil disobedience!!! Excuse my french but fuck the POLICE!!! I will not pay, especially since I didn't vote for this and secondly the government is already stealing from us with the fuel price hike, so they will not expect a single cent from me. When they ask for my drivers I will show them a photo copy of it and if they want the original, I will wind my window up and show it to them so that they cannot take it from me!!

If you guys see me on the news being chased by the popo then you know, I either beat one of them, or just drove away.
    All it takes is ONE BAD DAY tO ReDuCe the SaNesT Man Alive To LuNaCy. That's How Far The World Is From Where I am. JUST ONE BAD DAY

Blog Entries . YouTube Channel and Playlists

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFox
    I'm gonna tolerate and love...........THE SHIT OUTTA YOU
    Shadowfox's response to me in my failed attempts to annoy him

Quote Originally Posted by sycogrim View Post
    I say we cause civil disobedience!!! Excuse my french but fuck the POLICE!!! I will not pay, especially since I didn't vote for this and secondly the government is already stealing from us with the fuel price hike, so they will not expect a single cent from me. When they ask for my drivers I will show them a photo copy of it and if they want the original, I will wind my window up and show it to them so that they cannot take it from me!!

If you guys see me on the news being chased by the popo then you know, I either beat one of them, or just drove away.
    We could start a whole new local series on this... so much entertainment!
    Please keep all extremities tucked in...

Eat - Sleep - Overclock - Repeat

MyGaming Comp Authoritah sycogrim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
    NICE FIND!!!! Dude I'm gonna print that out and create stickers!!
    All it takes is ONE BAD DAY tO ReDuCe the SaNesT Man Alive To LuNaCy. That's How Far The World Is From Where I am. JUST ONE BAD DAY

Blog Entries . YouTube Channel and Playlists

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFox
    I'm gonna tolerate and love...........THE SHIT OUTTA YOU
    Shadowfox's response to me in my failed attempts to annoy him

Quote Originally Posted by sycogrim View Post
    NICE FIND!!!! Dude I'm gonna print that out and create stickers!!
    Yip, also printing out and making stickers.
    This goverment is fucking cooked...seriously...almost 12 p/l fuel and then this shit..they can get fucked.
    Eat - Sleep - Overclock - Repeat

will the people who are not in gauteng be forced to buy a e-tag if yes that is just wrong, they trying to steal as much money as possible.

This whole debacle is to attempt to recoup the capes spend on our road improvements for the World Cup
    It was advertised and sold to the public on the basis that the foreign revenue received from visitors during the world cup would pay for this system, now that we all know how that ended we are left to foot a 900 million rand dept to SANRAL that the government cannot or will not pay but instead force onto the hardworking citizens that use this primary road

I've heard that certain classes of vehicles will be exempt from this toll, commuter taxi's and transport trucks etc
    My question would be how are these classes defined, do you automatically qualify to be exempt when you drive a minibus?

As far as my position goes on this they will have to arrest me and physically prosecute me to get me to pay for something like this
    I refuse to buy a tag or pay a toll to use this vital througfare

"The Only Blood Type that matters is .... Red" Zombie Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Xero View Post
    I've heard that certain classes of vehicles will be exempt from this toll, commuter taxi's and transport trucks etc
    My question would be how are these classes defined, do you automatically qualify to be exempt when you drive a minibus?
    I haven't seen anything like this, do you have a source handy, perhaps? Luckily, SANRAL has said today that the mandatory buying of e-tags as per OP is BS.