Thread: Bulletstorm sequel on hold because of lacklustre sales on first game

Default Bulletstorm sequel on hold because of lacklustre sales on first game

Bulletstorm sequel on hold because of lacklustre sales on first game

Side-swipe at PC gaming pirates for good measure

the 1st game was brilliant and i consider that as the new duke Nukem

Quote Originally Posted by Dohc-WP View Post
    the 1st game was brilliant and i consider that as the new duke Nukem
    +1... Bulletstorm is what DNF should have been like

No guts, no glory, no brain, same story.

What a pity, it was such an entertaining game. I enjoyed how over the top the game play is.

I thought bullet storm was pretty rubbish, finished it, never played it again.

I found they tried too hard to be in your face with the swearing. It felt like they were struggling to have proper dialogue because they needed to fit in their qouta of swearing. The gameplay was alright, I admit it was different and I liked the idea of the scoring system. It kind of felt like fable 3, before release was really excited, because they had some big ideas (or good marketing), but didn't pull it off in the end.

I'd agree with that, not that I have a problem with swearing at all, but that General was just a little too much.

The Legendary Troll Hunter OmegaFenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gir View Post
    I thought bullet storm was pretty rubbish, finished it, never played it again.

I found they tried too hard to be in your face with the swearing. It felt like they were struggling to have proper dialogue because they needed to fit in their qouta of swearing. The gameplay was alright, I admit it was different and I liked the idea of the scoring system. It kind of felt like fable 3, before release was really excited, because they had some big ideas (or good marketing), but didn't pull it off in the end.
    I was the same, found it too low brow for my taste. Played it finished it, traded it.

http://mygaming.co.za/forum/entry.ph...rst-Impression

It says to be continued at the end but it never was, because I got bored and forgot about it.
    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

‚Äč

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaFenix View Post
    I was the same, found it too low brow for my taste. Played it finished it, traded it.

http://mygaming.co.za/forum/entry.ph...rst-Impression

It says to be continued at the end but it never was, because I got bored and forgot about it.
    Yeah I was kind of excited about setting scores for the level challanges after finishing the game, but pretty much the same happened to me, got bored and forgot about it.

I'm currently replaying the game. One of the best shooters of the last few years.

I'd have to replay it again as well... I remember it being fun, but I don't really remember the swearing... then again, I do have a short long-term memory. I just remembered the people who developed the game said that they didn't mean to put in so much swearing and they only realised it afterwards when somebody translated it for them since English isn't their first language.

No guts, no glory, no brain, same story.