Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 LastLast

Thread: The Elder Scrolls Online

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge
    Awards MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by Keepa34 View Post
    Isn't it still subscription based
    Nope. Went F2P a while ago.
    --~<0>~-- {type}DEV --~<0>~--

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by FarligOpptreden View Post
    ah okay.. i heard the console version was going to be F2P.. didnt know they did the same for the PC version
    Corsair Carbide Spec-01, MSI Z97Z SLI Krait ed., Seasonic S12II 520w, Gigabyte Geforce GTX 970, Mushkin Blackline 8gb, i5 4690k, 1 TB

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Is the imperial version worth it?
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself, everyone can see it but only you get the warm feeling it brings

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Keepa34 View Post
    ah okay.. i heard the console version was going to be F2P.. didnt know they did the same for the PC version
    It is like Guildwars 2 , you must buy the box, but from then on it is free (no sub needed), on console too.

@Ghost02
    Is the imperial version worth it?
    As for Imperial edition, it depends, main feature you get from that is the Imperial "race" and ability to pick any race , regardless of the faction you pick. The default is that each faction are limited to specific races , i.e. if you want to play a Argonian/Dark Elf you need to roll Ebonheart Pact or if you want play Khajiit you need to roll Aldmeri Dominion. With Imperial edition you do not have this limitation.

I can't remember the details of the Imperial "race" right now, but they were kind of a "jack of all trades" race in terms of race specific stats.

Keep in mind you can always upgrade to imperial later, i'd say if you're not sure about the game, get basic and buy the imperial "upgrade" as you start getting into it....

Unless of course you can get the imperial edition for cheap.

You also get a horse from the start (in the imperial edition, last i checked), considering you can only train your horse once every 24 hours, it is quite handy having a horse to train early on....
    Last edited by diabolus; 21-07-2015 at 08:45 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by diabolus View Post
    It is like Guildwars 2 , you must buy the box, but from then on it is free (no sub needed), on console too.

@Ghost02

As for Imperial edition, it depends, main feature you get from that is the Imperial "race" and ability to pick any race , regardless of the faction you pick. The default is that each faction are limited to specific races , i.e. if you want to play a Argonian/Dark Elf you need to roll Ebonheart Pact or if you want play Khajiit you need to roll Aldmeri Dominion. With Imperial edition you do not have this limitation.

I can't remember the details of the Imperial "race" right now, but they were kind of a "jack of all trades" race in terms of race specific stats.

Keep in mind you can always upgrade to imperial later, i'd say if you're not sure about the game, get basic and buy the imperial "upgrade" as you start getting into it....

Unless of course you can get the imperial edition for cheap.

You also get a horse from the start (in the imperial edition, last i checked), considering you can only train your horse once every 24 hours, it is quite handy having a horse to train early on....
    Thanks, ended up just getting the imperial for $21 from gmg looking forward to starting it up tomorrow.
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself, everyone can see it but only you get the warm feeling it brings

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

This is a great game and vastly different to when it launched! Its also a good time to start playing with their new content update on the way!
    Current FOTM ISP Webafrica
    Take heed and bare witness to the truths that lie here in. For it is nearly weekend and gaming must begin!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Bought Tamriel the other day...haven't actually played it though.

Is it clan / MP centric or is it something one can jam when one has time?
    #hashtag #anotherhashtag #bonushashtag

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by FarligOpptreden View Post
    Just a correction, it went B2P, not F2P.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by HavocXphere View Post
    Bought Tamriel the other day...haven't actually played it though.

Is it clan / MP centric or is it something one can jam when one has time?
    Its an MMO, so ur progress is based on when u online doin it really, like any other game. There is a complete singleplayer element to it and u will spend many hours on that. But as with any MMO there is a large group/clan/raids/dungeons/pvp element to it.
    Current FOTM ISP Webafrica
    Take heed and bare witness to the truths that lie here in. For it is nearly weekend and gaming must begin!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

I'd say this game is alot more solo/casual friendly than MP/Clan friendly. The whole 3 factions + phasing thing makes thing even less MP/Clan friendly. You can join up to 5 guilds last i checked, but even that doesn't mean you can actually group up if you are in different factions.

On console it is probably even more solo due to the inability to type in any chat channels. While the voice chat is interesting and can work with people you know, it is quite difficult to organize anything with people outside of your personal friends.

Simple example is Cyrodill which is the open PvP/Siege zone. On PC you pitch up there and can ask in zone-chat where everyone is and join the zerg/action. On voice chat it does not quite work like that, you will have to hope you see someone nearby to talk to or follow etc.