Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: BTGames! Upgrade Your Site!

Thumbs down BTGames! Upgrade Your Site!

What do we have to do to get BTGames to upgrade their site?

If I have to add the same five games to my wishlist again, only to have them magically disappear a few days later, I'm going to freak out.

And why is there no security certificate on their site, even when you log in?

Why do my changed details only get saved when it feels like it?

BTGames = best physical store to get games at in ZA, but wow... their website needs serious, serious work.

Thoughts?

The Legendary Troll Hunter OmegaFenix's Avatar

BTGames online needs work. They need to hire a proper programmer or something. If they had a site half as good as Take2 they would make good money on their online stuff. I refuse to buy anything from them online.
    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaFenix22 View Post
    BTGames online needs work. They need to hire a proper programmer or something. If they had a site half as good as Take2 they would make good money on their online stuff. I refuse to buy anything from them online.
    I pre-ordered Dragon Age CE from their site. I enjoyed the experience, and I love the witty/cheeky banter throughout the process. But zomg that site's mechanics is just tragic >.<'

And I agree with you, completely. Their site could be awesome, and as much as I dig Take2, I would only ever buy my games from BT's site. But no security certificate? A thousand glitches? Ugh... Not unless they have a very good deal or unless I'm very desperate.

Which, in itself, is incredibly sad.

Would just be fantastic if they would spot this thread or see that their site's design is what stands in the way of it really being awesome.. Just... something.

Upgrade your site, please BT!!!

The Legendary Troll Hunter OmegaFenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    I pre-ordered Dragon Age CE from their site. I enjoyed the experience, and I love the witty/cheeky banter throughout the process. But zomg that site's mechanics is just tragic >.<'

And I agree with you, completely. Their site could be awesome, and as much as I dig Take2, I would only ever buy my games from BT's site. But no security certificate? A thousand glitches? Ugh... Not unless they have a very good deal or unless I'm very desperate.

Which, in itself, is incredibly sad.

Would just be fantastic if they would spot this thread or see that their site's design is what stands in the way of it really being awesome.. Just... something.

Upgrade your site, please BT!!!
    The no security certificate is the reason i choose to pay instore for my product when i got to pick it up. Safer that way.
    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

I agree with the site needing major work ...... mebbe MyGaming can do an article on the shoddy state of the site ..... I bet something gets done then
    - There is no proof any of us are even alive -
    - - - -

They are too busy now, Customer Number:8995000621. With all their new demands associated with opening and maintaining new branches, they have little time to bother with 'trivial' things like that!

I must be lucky...never had an issue myself
    PSN: LydonMcG

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaFenix22 View Post
    The no security certificate is the reason i choose to pay instore for my product when i got to pick it up. Safer that way.
    See, I'm not worried about the security when it comes to paying for the item. They e-mail you the bank account details and things once it's confirmed and, yeah, it's all quite painless.

My concern regarding the security is that the data between you and the server isn't encrypted. Meaning my residential address, name, postal address, home and cell phone numbers and what I've purchased is all pretty much readily available for anyone with the know-how. I actually wonder if someone with the know-how wouldn't be able to see your username and password too, since, again, there's no encryption.

It just feels horribly uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto_Helix View Post
    I agree with the site needing major work ...... mebbe MyGaming can do an article on the shoddy state of the site ..... I bet something gets done then
    I'd actually love and appreciate that. Would be fantastic! Although, my heart would break if they instead simply decide to disable the online shopping feature of the website -.-' But, you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by tehNihilist View Post
    They are too busy now, Customer Number:8995000621. With all their new demands associated with opening and maintaining new branches, they have little time to bother with 'trivial' things like that!
    Pff... No excuse!!! Their website is, I believe, one of their most important assets. Letting it go to waste when it could be more than a match for the likes of Kalahari, Take2 and kin, is just sad. To not give their site the same amount of care and appreciation as they would a store is not only a disservice to themselves, but to their customers as well.

their staff and services needs work too, again i'm stuck running after them for something that i want. yeah f*****g right @ ships in 2 working days...
    // Previously known as Blind Faith or Pr⊕phet
    // Sign up to Greenman Gaming and get $2 FREE in-store credit.

Quote Originally Posted by Necuno View Post
    their staff and services needs work too, again i'm stuck running after them for something that i want. yeah f*****g right @ ships in 2 working days...
    Eek... Not what I want to hear.

Details?