Thread: Half Life

Default Half Life

So I was sitting here thinking of the games I loved the most and which ones stood out, and instantly Half Life came to mind. When the game was launched in 1998, I was still in school at the time and we were't exactly loaded.
    So between myself and my best mate we built a pc specifically for half life We ended up buying the game on a friday afternoon from a tiny little game shop in the East Rand. All excited and bubbling with excitement..We got home and installed it.

Instantly realising one of us would have to sit out while the other was playing..we decided to share..He would be in control of the movement and I would be doing the shooting

We ended up playing the game as a team from start to finish..loving every second of it.
    Yeah there were some screw ups at times lol but we had a blast.

Probably some of our best moments in gaming we've ever had.

Do you remember Half Life?

Last edited by The Joker; 08-05-2012 at 08:43 AM.
    Eat - Sleep - Overclock - Repeat

Half-Life was like the corner stone of FPS for me, the Quake games were great, but Half-Life took it to the next level.

Quote Originally Posted by fayainz View Post
    Half-Life was like the corner stone of FPS for me, the Quake games were great, but Half-Life took it to the next level.
    I agree.
    Half Life was the start of the evolution for me.

The game play was fantastic, graphically it was impressive and it had a solid story, not to mention that its become one of the most radically different gaming series in the FPS bracket. Fans are crying out for Half Life 3 and looking back at 1998 I can see why.
    Eat - Sleep - Overclock - Repeat

Recently I tried to get my friend into the half life series by playing coop with him (Good old Sven coop mod). It was so much, though its very outdated by today's standards in-terms of game play and visuals. Tad glitchy but fun. I wish valve would stop teasing us and release an actual announcement of half life 3!

We had a half life lan at college a while ago and they kicked us out of the computer labs lol. ah that nostalgic feeling

One "word" Joker:

<3

My introduction to FPS.