Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: World of Warcraft

I really enjoyed WoW in its original incarnation, I began to lose interest in TBC and stopped playing before Lich King. There's nothing wrong with this, its a game, people get bored of games. Even if they keep adding content, its ultimately still more of the same thing, which is great, until eventually you get bored of it and need to move on.

The problem comes in when people start to get very bitchy because they have been playing the game for a LONG time, are absolutely bored out of their mind with it and simply won't put it down and move on. Its like they expect the same game from 2005 to continue to entertain them for the rest of their life and its Blizzard's fault if it doesn't. No game can deliver that kind of replay value, even if it continually gets content updates.

I have very fond memories of my 3 years or so with WoW and I'm positive that if I revisited the game for Cataclysm after leaving during TBC, that I would get another year of enjoyment from it. Then I would put it down and move on again, ITS JUST A GAME.

Wrath <3 TBC Original
    PSN: LydonMcG

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhand View Post
    I really enjoyed WoW in its original incarnation, I began to lose interest in TBC and stopped playing before Lich King. There's nothing wrong with this, its a game, people get bored of games. Even if they keep adding content, its ultimately still more of the same thing, which is great, until eventually you get bored of it and need to move on.

The problem comes in when people start to get very bitchy because they have been playing the game for a LONG time, are absolutely bored out of their mind with it and simply won't put it down and move on. Its like they expect the same game from 2005 to continue to entertain them for the rest of their life and its Blizzard's fault if it doesn't. No game can deliver that kind of replay value, even if it continually gets content updates.

I have very fond memories of my 3 years or so with WoW and I'm positive that if I revisited the game for Cataclysm after leaving during TBC, that I would get another year of enjoyment from it. Then I would put it down and move on again, ITS JUST A GAME.
    I am largely agreeable with what you have mentioned.

I spent an excessive amount of time with this game, specifically with Vanilla WoW (excess of 3000hrs). So I can never say I did not get great, no AMAZING value from this game.

And also I 100% agree that people get bored, and are now only playing due to habit / addiction. Those same people start to overly bitch and that in turn largely caused the downturn in the games community (it is infectious).

The game has changed its direction to being a more casual pick-up and play experience, even more so than at its release. I think that is also what has turned off some people, myself included, but it does not make it a bad game, just bad for those like myself.

Quote Originally Posted by tehNihilist View Post
    I am largely agreeable with what you have mentioned.

I spent an excessive amount of time with this game, specifically with Vanilla WoW (excess of 3000hrs). So I can never say I did not get great, no AMAZING value from this game.

And also I 100% agree that people get bored, and are now only playing due to habit / addiction. Those same people start to overly bitch and that in turn largely caused the downturn in the games community (it is infectious).

The game has changed its direction to being a more casual pick-up and play experience, even more so than at its release. I think that is also what has turned off some people, myself included, but it does not make it a bad game, just bad for those like myself.
    I think we are 100% in agreement =)

So.... who is going to go with the endless trail ?
    // Previously known as Blind Faith or Pr⊕phet
    // Sign up to Greenman Gaming and get $2 FREE in-store credit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pr⊕phet View Post
    Only gonna use it for some of the festival achievements where you need to get a rare race/class combo

Quote Originally Posted by Pr⊕phet View Post
    I think I might get it just to see what WoW is about. I've never played it because of the money factor so now is a good chance to see. I'm just a bit nervous of downloading it because of the patching + downloads; I presume it isn't a very small download

cafc - See if someone near you doesnt have the complete game folder. If not send me a pm and we can make a plan - my folder is about 20gigs. . .

ah well, looks like its my turn to return to WoW but only for a week. I see I've been gone long enough to warrant Blizzard to give me 7 Free Days. Just got the fully updated client from a friend (26 gigs o_O) so I'll be back in Azeroth tonight