Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Vehicle Insurance help

Default Vehicle Insurance help

Some of you people know me, most of you don't.

I need help insuring my car, I need your help!

Going on a long trip this week and would like it all sorted out before then.

What would you recommend I do? Give me tips, anything really. I need all the help I can before I make up my mind.
    Please keep all extremities tucked in...

You should talk to a broker. I think everyone has this anti middle-man thing because of the Outsurance ads, but they do actually know about insurance and can give you good advice, and can usually organise the best rates for you, and tell you what the best policy and insurance company would be for your situation. Also, they are your best friend if you actually need to claim.

Quote Originally Posted by matt View Post
    You should talk to a broker. I think everyone has this anti middle-man thing because of the Outsurance ads, but they do actually know about insurance and can give you good advice, and can usually organise the best rates for you, and tell you what the best policy and insurance company would be for your situation. Also, they are your best friend if you actually need to claim.
    Your words have been taken to heart thanks.

I'm communicating with a couple of brokers as we speak, also I've never heard anything good from outsurance. So i'm trying to avoid them. Apparently it's a real pain to claim from them.

Double Post!

Apologies and all that.

Axon try phoning Santam. im have never had issues with them and their rates are very reasonable. also they dont have these giant excess which the other companies urge you to take if you want a lower premium. 0860 444 444
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
    Hello WinzEveryDayz.

Isn't there that hippo thing (can't think of what the name is exactly) that searches for the best quotes etc? They have those stupid, pathetic and moronic ads on tv.

I think my mom is on Auto and General, don't go with them. Trying to get a claim from them is like trying to steal a rugby ball from Schalk Burger.
    contact me if you are in Cape Town and looking for PC Hardware at very competitive pricing. We also do web and graphic design.

Yes boss lady will do.

Spanks alot.

I used to be at Santam and now I'm at Hollard. Can't complain about any of them, but in both cases, it is done through a broker. Pretty much everything that Matt said stands.

As for Outsurance... The older you are, the better they are for you. At this stage, they're still quoting me about double what I'm paying right now. I've also heard that they sometimes like finding technicalities to not pay out which is where the broker is useful. I've had a stolen laptop once where the insurance company didn't want to pay out and after the broker intervened, they finally paid out.

No guts, no glory, no brain, same story.

Broker...'nuff said

Half the price of any other quote from going 'direct' (Outsurance, Budget, etc).

I have found that any price they give you, is always negotiable.

I have phoned Outsurance on many occasions, and they would give me a price. Then you say something like "I got a better quote from you last time / I got a better quote from a rival company" and they quickly say "hold on" and each time they have come back with a cheaper quote.

I got my home (building) insurance down from 420 to 302 by just asking for a better price.