Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Dead Island (PC) worth R80?

Default Is Dead Island (PC) worth R80?

So Dead Island is on special on Steam for R80ish. Anyone know if this game, in it's current state, is worth playing?

Tin, imho is someone still playing it. If so then yes, but looking at my steam friends list... well it died out a few months already. We are all playing other things now.
    // Previously known as Blind Faith or Pr⊕phet
    // Sign up to Greenman Gaming and get $2 FREE in-store credit.

I stand corrected - it's closer to R100.

I love zombies and tropical islands, so the idea of this game has always appealed to me. I know it was a bit of a disapointment, but 80/100 Metacritic score is not terrible. Also hoping that post release patches have made it more playable...

I still love it. Even solo, it's worth it at that price. One of the underrated titles of last year.

Well R100 isn't that much. I think DayZ is picking up though

Quote Originally Posted by Graal View Post
    I still love it. Even solo, it's worth it at that price. One of the underrated titles of last year.
    There
    // Previously known as Blind Faith or Pr⊕phet
    // Sign up to Greenman Gaming and get $2 FREE in-store credit.

What ever the case. I played DI with my brother some months ago and I fully enjoyed it.
    Want to go back to playing it again, but I'm playing just too many games ATM.

But, to answer the thread question... It's definitely worth R 100, if not more...

Cool, thanks for the feedback guys, purchased

So tempting when it is so cheap for quality gaming.

If you use steam it's a decent price. It can get a little stale after a while in singleplayer and I'm sure it's much more fun co-op but killing zombies is always fun especially at the price.

I also saw the special on steam and was wondering the same thing.
    What does this game compare to?

- I've played Dead Rising, which wasn't bad.
    - I tried Left 4 Dead 2, but never could get into that. Didn't like the game at all.
    - Resident Evil 5 would have been fine if the main character could multitask... a guy that can't run and shoot at the same time has no business being anywhere near zombies... or any environment where guns are involved.

No guts, no glory, no brain, same story.