Page 2 of 75 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you reading right now?

The Complete Sherlock Holmes - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

If you've ever been put off reading these books because you found the old 'traditional' stiff lipped Holmes a bit boring, reconsider as he's far closer to Robert Downey Jnr.'s character.

Eastern Cape, about 70meters from the ocean

Diary of Anne Frank

Flippin depressing situation she was in but she writes with such a positive outlook. Mad to think her and the 7 other people didn't go out side for 2 years. Haven't got there yet but I know it has a kak ending.

Quote Originally Posted by matt View Post
    You should read Book 3 before the next season of the TV show airs. That way you can drive people crazy by knowing what's going to happen, and have the power to threaten to tell them spoilers. Mwuhahaha (evil laugh)
    lol thats what im doing now with S2. havent started to watch it yet cause i havent finished book 2 yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
    Hello WinzEveryDayz.

I've also tried reading Eye of the World by Robert Jordan (Book 1 of the Wheel of time series), but jeez that guy descriptive on another level... Might revisit it after finishing the Power of six.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_Dee View Post
    I've also tried reading Eye of the World by Robert Jordan (Book 1 of the Wheel of time series), but jeez that guy descriptive on another level... Might revisit it after finishing the Power of six.
    Love that book and series. I've read it around 7 times.
    T A N S T A A F L

Quote Originally Posted by czc View Post
    O_o I can tell that it's got a major story to relish, but I just have to get used to Robert Jordan's writing style... That guy loves his adjectives

You should try Gardens of the Moon from the Malazan book of the dead. Steven Erikson struggled to get published in America at first because publishers told him it was too complicated for Americans.
    T A N S T A A F L

You should try Gardens of the Moon from the Malazan book of the dead. Steven Erikson struggled to get published in America at first because publishers told him it was too complicated for Americans.
    I'll remember to try that 1. It's interesting how styles of writing vary from one author to the next.

Quote Originally Posted by MalicE View Post
    Going Postal - Terry Pratchett

I LOVE Pratchett, but don't get a whole lot of time for reading anymore
    Just finished reading Snuff....... If you haven't read it yet then make time, get it, read it......

Awesome book.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_Dee View Post
    Awesome series. I still waiting for the last book (14). Looks like it's due in Jan. Such a pity that Robert Jordan died before he could finish the series, but so far Brandon Sanderson has done a good job of picking up the story at least.