Page 71 of 75 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you reading right now?

Quote Originally Posted by MalicE View Post
    Started the Mistborn series (Brandon Sanderson) last week. Pretty awesome so far
    I loved the Mistborn trilogy, it was really great. If I had the time I would give it a second read. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Blazzok View Post
    I loved the Mistborn trilogy, it was really great. If I had the time I would give it a second read. Enjoy!
    Then you must try The Magician's Guild Trilogy. The writing style isn't AS good but I find it to be very similar concept wise

Quote Originally Posted by MalicE View Post
    Then you must try The Magician's Guild Trilogy. The writing style isn't AS good but I find it to be very similar concept wise
    Que?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Magicians%27_Guild

If that is it, it looks good. I'll add it on my list of "to read". Right now I'm busy with The Wheel of Time, after that I want to read the Scifi series Altered Carbon by Richard Morgan. So this will have to fall after that.

Que?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Magicians%27_Guild

If that is it, it looks good. I'll add it on my list of "to read". Right now I'm busy with The Wheel of Time, after that I want to read the Scifi series Altered Carbon by Richard Morgan. So this will have to fall after that.
    that's it yes. definitely worth a read I reckon

Quote Originally Posted by Mister 44 View Post
    At the moment I'm re-reading Wild Cards. Last time I got about 4 books into the series, but this time will be different.

For anybody that doesn't know Wild Cards:
    It's Watchmen without pictures.

For anybody that doesn't know Wild Cards or Watchmen:
    It's the Heroes TV series (the good ones, at the start) done in words. But more realistic and gritty.

For anybody that doesn't know what words are:
    In Heroes, when the people spoke in foreign, those symbols at the bottom of the screen, them be words.

Wait, why am I explaining written language in text?

Anyway, the Wild Cards series is edited (and sometimes written) by George RR Martin (Game of Thrones guy) and it's been picked up to be a TV Series soon.
    [MENTION=11450]Mister 44[/MENTION], How am I only seeing this just now??!!! This premise is pretty tailor made for me (the good Heroes season, by that I mean the first, the Supervillainy Saga, the Reckoners, Vicious, The Ables)... I'm quite literally a Superhero genre nut at this point (well... until we start talking magic).

Quote Originally Posted by VirtualForce View Post
    /snip part

Words? What those? Are they built up from letters? The sound very familiar..

Umm, about Wild Cards, is it this you are referring too? if so, if you say all that about Watchmen and first season Heroes...then you have me hooked.

The Watchmen....amazing series, same with the first Heroes.
    Jip, that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_Dee View Post
    [MENTION=11450]Mister 44[/MENTION], How am I only seeing this just now??!!! This premise is pretty tailor made for me (the good Heroes season, by that I mean the first, the Supervillainy Saga, the Reckoners, Vicious, The Ables)... I'm quite literally a Superhero genre nut at this point (well... until we start talking magic).
    I'm enjoying Wild Cards very much but it may not be to everyone's taste. The way most of the books work is that a number of writers collaborate on it (but some books are written by a single writer) with George RR Martin editing it all together. They each create their own characters and build on the overall story, referencing characters and plot elements from each other building a very detailed and diverse universe in the process. This also means that some characters and stories are better than others.

Personally I love the Sleeper, the Turtle and Captain Trips but I'm not fond of some of the other characters.
    One day, I'll grow up and become responsible.
    Probably not today.

With much delay, finally got around to reading the wheel of time series. I have completed New Spring and Eye of the world, will be starting The great hunt later tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Glordit View Post
    With much delay, finally got around to reading the wheel of time series. I have completed New Spring and Eye of the world, will be starting The great hunt later tonight.
    Nice. Enjoy the read, it is going to take a while. Some of the books get a bit long in the tooth, but just power through. It's worth it.

Edit: On a sidenote, there is another prequel book that I recently discovered, called The Strike at Shayol Ghul. I haven't read it yet, but is part of my ebook collection so I'll be reading it once I'm done with book14.
    Last edited by Blazzok; 24-09-2016 at 07:37 PM.

Nice. Enjoy the read, it is going to take a while. Some of the books get a bit long in the tooth, but just power through. It's worth it.

Edit: On a sidenote, there is another prequel book that I recently discovered, called The Strike at Shayol Ghul. I haven't read it yet, but is part of my ebook collection so I'll be reading it once I'm done with book14.
    I actually wanted to read one from the Wheel of time, and then another from The Dresden files. That fell through when if found many interesting parallels to other literature in the Wheel of time. So I just kept on reading, always keeping an eye out for some subtle details.

Started Book 8, Path of Daggers, yesterday. I'm trying to read a book per week and I'm not doing too badly at that at least.

Sent from my F3111 using Tapatalk