Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: GuildWars 2 Pre-Order from BTGames

Default GuildWars 2 Pre-Order from BTGames

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone else also bought the pre-order version of Guild Wars 2 from BT Games and managed to get your key yet?

I bought the pre-order version (and paid for it) at the Tygervalley BT Games branch, after reading on their website the following " Pay before Launch Date and get 1 days early access to the game. (this requires the game download of 10GB) " ( http://www.btgames.co.za/po/poinfo.asp?A06883 )

Pre-order versions is supposed to get a 1 day head start, so I called them today to find out when I can come pick up my copy, or at least get a serial number so I can start downloading the game.

The store informed that they cannot give the game to me, they have been instructed by Megarom (their distributor) that they cannot sell the game before the 28th, including the pre-order versions of the game.

I know one day isn't such a big deal, it just annoys me that it's advertised in specific way and then their story changes after you pay for it. BT Games head office is closed over the weekends, so maybe they can sort it out on Monday - I just needed to vent a bit!

Not sure why people still support... BT.
    // Previously known as Blind Faith or Pr⊕phet
    // Sign up to Greenman Gaming and get $2 FREE in-store credit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pr⊕phet View Post
    Not sure why people still support... BT.
    Only reason was because they're on the way home from work, so it's convenient for me. But I guess, depending on how it turns out, lesson learnt.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalden View Post
    Only reason was because they're on the way home from work, so it's convenient for me. But I guess, depending on how it turns out, lesson learnt.
    I'd prefer TakeAlot, while not on my way home from work they have not failed me as BT/Kalahari has... Repetitively.

Quote Originally Posted by Pr⊕phet View Post
    I'd prefer TakeAlot, while not on my way home from work they have not failed me as BT/Kalahari has... Repetitively.
    Yeah, some of my friends pre-ordered the game from TakeAlot, after I pre-ordered from BTGames. They've all received a key in an email already, to create their accounts and download the game.

Yeah, some of my friends pre-ordered the game from TakeAlot, after I pre-ordered from BTGames. They've all received a key in an email already, to create their accounts and download the game.
    Only one way with BT. You will have to go HULK on them and hope you get what you suppose to get

BT have their on and off days ive noticed

Well the way it works is that you get your 1-day pass key which gets you into the game on the 27th and then you get your disc and proper key on the 28th.

Quote Originally Posted by MOnk View Post
    Well the way it works is that you get your 1-day pass key which gets you into the game on the 27th and then you get your disc and proper key on the 28th.
    I agree, that's how it is supposed to work, but BTGames (at least the Tygervalley branch where I bought it), says they cannot give me a key (or the disc) before the 28th.

I agree, that's how it is supposed to work, but BTGames (at least the Tygervalley branch where I bought it), says they cannot give me a key (or the disc) before the 28th.
    Well, then they're morons (surprise, surprise).

Sorry for you, but you've been boned.