Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Forza Horizon

The Legendary Troll Hunter OmegaFenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Murph View Post
    Like I said, ignore the YOLO douchness and you'll have fun. I agree - the trashtalking is stupid and the less said about the radio the better.
    Forgotten how much fun it is slowly tweaking you car. The rivals system seems a little Dodgy since I am not sure how 2 identical cars could be faster than one another.
    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaFenix View Post
    Forgotten how much fun it is slowly tweaking you car. The rivals system seems a little Dodgy since I am not sure how 2 identical cars could be faster than one another.
    Don't think they're faster, one guy is just a better driver than the other. Rivals mode is cool but the payoff isn't really worth it.

Don't think they're faster, one guy is just a better driver than the other. Rivals mode is cool but the payoff isn't really worth it.
    Had a rival Race last night against StrifeHeart's ghost and we both drove the Mustang and after being inside each other around a corner leading into a straight I managed to pull away. How?

Had a rival Race last night against StrifeHeart's ghost and we both drove the Mustang and after being inside each other around a corner leading into a straight I managed to pull away. How?
    Hmmmm dunno. You didn't beef up your car slightly?

Edit: Oh wait, the cars are identical. No idea man.

Hmmmm dunno. You didn't beef up your car slightly?

Edit: Oh wait, the cars are identical. No idea man.
    Nope I all my $$$ went into tweaking my Evo :P

Nope I all my $$$ went into tweaking my Evo :P
    I don't think I could possibly tweak my Aventador anymore. It may just explode.

i need to get my hands on this, even master chief is playing

Tweaking the cars?

Last time i played i couldn't touch my gear ratios? couldn't adjust camber? couldn't adjust ride height or feedback on the springs in my suspension exactly? Im not a huge fan of point and click upgrades in car games.

going back to the staying power thing, i cant remember what level i am. i know im on the gold band races, but i have all of the barn finds, ive discovered and completed all the teleport stands. sure i still need to beat that darius character but after him the only two things i really will go for is discovering all the roads (which diosnt take long as my mate did it the same weekend we got the game) and the travel achievement for 8000 miles or something if im correct.

Dont get me wrong, its a good and fun game and i will be playing it again at some point once my halo fanboyism and minecraft addiction cools down, But its not a forza game. Its need for speed with a forza badge on it and this makes me sad panda.

My experience with the dodgey AI and performance mechanics (omegas issue with the two identical cars) are two key factors of why ive moved on to other games, as well as back to forza 4 and GT5. If the ability to fully tweak cars was there and you had two identical cars then it wouldnt bother me as much because someone has probably been tweaking settings, but thats not the case. Effectively the only thing that CAN differ about the cars is the drivers ability as all the upgrades are point and click. and like omega says, both go into the same corner at the same time at the same speed, yet he still gets ahead? Sure could be driver error and i may be grasping at straws here, but i am dissapoint

Just as another example of the perfomance mechaincs issues, in the SP side of the game the races have the recommended performance index listed per race and i wont forget taking my stock standard C class VW against all B class cars, some of which were at the B level limit because of my difficulty settings, and i still won the race by 4 seconds? After playing previous forza games, i know that a full specced B will run circles around a C any day of the week/month and/or year. so why is this opposite in horizon? However, in saying this i dont know if its fully the performance mechanics of the game or the AI being screwy.

oh and while im ranting, lets also not forget the decision to advertise cars that we cant use or buy... like a certain 370Z on the back of the box that i have raced against, yet for some reason, Nissan no longer make it in horizon land...?

Yes i know its not meant to be a racing sim like forza 4, but thats just what ive come to expect out of a game brandishing the forza badge.

TL/DR

Horizon is like so many things ive been excited about this year (like a certain iphone), my expectations were just too high.

Can I ask, which one is better in your opinion:

Need For Speed: Most Wanted 2012 or Forza Horizon?
    (Dell XPS L502X) Intel Core i7 2630QM | 6GB DDR3 1333MHz | Nvidia GT 525M 1GB DDR3 | Intel HD Graphics 3000 | 15.6" WLED HD Display | 500GB 7200RPM HDD
    KoeksWorld

Quote Originally Posted by okuhle94 View Post
    Can I ask, which one is better in your opinion:

Need For Speed: Most Wanted 2012 or Forza Horizon?
    Forza, more cars and playgound/turn 10 will support it with monthly dlc's until forza 5 comes out. and they're releasing a rally dlc pack soon