Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Forza Horizon

Default Forza Horizon

Hi guys,

I've read some online reviews, particularly the IGN review of Forza Horizon. It scored a 9/10 and they're saying this is THE open-world driving game people have been waiting for. The graphics are apparently mind-blowing and the physics and handling dynamics of the cars are all there as you'd expect. Personally, I can't wait to get my hands on the game

Ive been playing the Demo for the past week and i must say its pretty good. Its basically a mash up of need for speed hot pursuit, burnout and test drive with the forza badge slapped on it.

Its not a driving sim by any means of the word and if thats what you are looking for, you'd be better off playing Forza 4 or GT5. Instead its a free roam arcade racer and the cars dont "fly/hover" like they do in NFS and with all the assists off, it actually feels like an arcade racing game with proper physics.

I had a thread open about a particular gripe with the already confirmed and priced first DLC pack, and the outcome of that is basically i wont be buying the DLCs like i did with Forza 3 GOTY edition or Forza 4 and rather wait for the Horizon GOTY.

All in all myself and a friend have taken friday off to get this game and then spend a good amount of time playing this coming weekend.
    Add me on XBL if anyone wants to jam some races or co op: Panther 150

Quote Originally Posted by panthis View Post
    Ive been playing the Demo for the past week and i must say its pretty good. Its basically a mash up of need for speed hot pursuit, burnout and test drive with the forza badge slapped on it.

Its not a driving sim by any means of the word and if thats what you are looking for, you'd be better off playing Forza 4 or GT5. Instead its a free roam arcade racer and the cars dont "fly/hover" like they do in NFS and with all the assists off, it actually feels like an arcade racing game with proper physics.

I had a thread open about a particular gripe with the already confirmed and priced first DLC pack, and the outcome of that is basically i wont be buying the DLCs like i did with Forza 3 GOTY edition or Forza 4 and rather wait for the Horizon GOTY.

All in all myself and a friend have taken friday off to get this game and then spend a good amount of time playing this coming weekend.
    Add me on XBL if anyone wants to jam some races or co op: Panther 150
    Awesome - I'll add you tonight and check you over the weekend

I'm a bit stuck now. Do I get the Limited Edition, or the normal version? The limited edition is only R150 more and you get a lot for that extra cash.

Quote Originally Posted by mk786 View Post
    Bleh I want Forza on PS3 :/
    You have GT5, we have Forza.

Fair deal

with regards to the CE, in my opinion, Get it!

Yeah, I did it. My limited edition will be here on Friday

Cool!

Also if you have Forza 3 or 4 i suggest getting your rank/level to 50 as you get some pretty sweet bonuses in Horizon:

"If you’ve been playing Forza 3 and/or 4 to keep yourself occupied until the 23rd of this month your loyalty will be rewarded with one of eight vehicles awarded to you based on your progress across either of the titles. The higher your driver level, the more you’re rewarded – if you ‘ve reached Level 50 you’ll be able to reap all of the benefits, permitting you to hit the open roads of Colorado on day one. The entire list of vehicles awarded are as follows:

Lv01 – 2011 MINI Cooper S
    Lv05 – 2011 Citroen DS3 Racing
    Lv10 – 2012 Dodge Charger SRT8
    Lv15 – 1969 Chevrolet Camaro SS
    Lv20 – 2008 BMW M3 E92
    Lv30 – 2012 Jaguar XKR-S
    Lv40 – 2009 Gumpert Apollo S
    Lv50 – 2012 Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4

Of course nothing is finalized until an official announcement is made by Turn 10 and Playground Games, but the forecast for the Horizon Festival is beginning to look very clear."

Started this last night, with level 54 in Forza 4 I got all the above mentioned cars.
    That little Citroen is awesome !

Yeah the DS3 helps for a few events, Im just stoked i get to cruise in my Aventador