Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What is your most difficult game from this Generation ?

Default What is your most difficult game from this Generation ?

Ok so I got my Tablet and loaded it with tons of games , and it reminded me of a simpler time when I used to spend Days trying to kill a boss ?
    Anyone remember Contra , or even Battletoads even Bucky O Hare ?
    then I started to think crap I haven't felt that in a long long while .

I buy a lot of games some just end up shelved half played more often than not is because they are way too easy
    As a rule I start every new game on the hardest difficulty available , this being said I cant remember anything that
    actually felt Difficult .

Ok ok there are exceptions

Dead space 2 on that insane Zealot difficulty

What new games have made you cry ?

Originally posted by Tpex (2009 game review) having a knife fight in a phone booth

Default What is your most difficult game from this Generation ?

Quote Originally Posted by Venom View Post
    Ok so I got my Tablet and loaded it with tons of games , and it reminded me of a simpler time when I used to spend Days trying to kill a boss ?

I buy a lot of games some just end up shelved half played more often than not is because they are way too easy
    As a rule I start every new game on the hardest difficulty available , this being said I cant remember anything that

Cod4 veteran difficulty mile high club nuff said

Demon's Souls
    Dark Souls

Hands down.
    Without a doubt.
    100% CORRECT!
    Been stuck on the same area in the game for WEEKS. Keep getting smashed to bits...

The Binding Of Isaac?
    I was very underwhelmed when I finally beat the game..
    That's just like, your opinion, man.

WIN FREE SCHIT!! --> justplay.co.za

Not a big fan of over inflated artificial difficulty...Where monsters' damage are increased and their health gets increased, or with cheap AI
    doing stuff you can't avoid, counter or forsee. And in darksider's case lack of decent hp regen system, which forces you to die first in order to gain HP to make a fight possible.

Recently played Contra again on the Emulator, needed cheats otherwise I would never have done it!

Most hardest game hehe!

Most difficult game on NIGHTMARE was DOOM II.

I found myself quick saving every single time I killed a group of enemies! and Ammo was so hard to come by!

Quote Originally Posted by Wlad View Post
    Demon's Souls
    Dark Souls
    Going to go with this.

Genuine? DS2 Zealot had it's moments but with careful planning of upgrades it wasn't so hard.
    The part I struggled with was fighting all those baby demons during the last fight with The Marker.

Demon's Souls was hard, but such a great game! It definitely required skill.
    Dark Souls on the other hand felt very cheap, the dev's efforts to make the game harder resulted in very cheap tactics. Boss fights were alright, it was the scenarios of walking on a thin ledge with two archers ahead that knocked you back a few feet to your death that felt very cheap to me, and others like this...

For me, I've never really played a game that just felt too hard. If I had to choose I'd have to say maybe Catherine. Catherine was mainly a puzzle based game though...
    "All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible."

- T.E. Lawrence