Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best keyboard & mouse shortcuts for COD Black Ops 2?

Default Best keyboard & mouse shortcuts for COD Black Ops 2?

I have never played a FPS like COD Black Ops 2 and baught it to give it a go. I suck, but will try, try and try again.

What keyboard shortcuts would you suggest for combat, interaction and general movement?

My gaming mouse has 2 extra buttons on the thumb side - which actions should I link to it?

Try Alt-F4 that's always a fun one

My opinion if you feel uncomfortable while playing then try and mix your keys up. If your just struggling a bit what i suggest is get a line you run on the map for every map and try and stick to that line or area of the map. Try and get used to where the people sit and the firing positions.

It takes a bit of time to get the reflexes and the "feel" for a fast fps game. Just keep on playing eventually youll come good. Repition helps. And if your aim is good then use the FAL. Its a great equaliser in Blops 2 for the yobos with their hipfire smgs.

Default Re: Best keyboard & mouse shortcuts for COD Black Ops 2?

This is not easy, you should try different combo's.

Some people set their wasd keys to the center of the kb. I use standard wasd, then shift for run, ctrl for toggle crouch prone. And dont forget your lean buttons q and e

Wheel up for reload, wheel down for weapon switch, middle mouse for grenade, Thumb(mouse4) for Knife, Thumb(mouse5) for flashbang. Standard right click toggle aim and left click fire. I play different fps games and set all the settings the same in everygame.

Quote Originally Posted by lilors View Post
    I have never played a FPS like COD Black Ops 2 and baught it to give it a go. I suck, but will try, try and try again.

What keyboard shortcuts would you suggest for combat, interaction and general movement?

My gaming mouse has 2 extra buttons on the thumb side - which actions should I link to it?
    well it basically boils down to personal style, i, for one, cannot use the thumb buttons on my mouse (stems from only getting a mouse with them this year and using a standard 2 button mouse before that), i end up turning 90 degrees to the right every time i try haha
    so i use E on my keyboard, yes i can't lean right but hey, i run and gun so who needs that lol :P plus i still think i am as quick on the knife as most guys using their thumbs

i suggest you try both or any other ways and see which one is more comfortable and that applies to all other keys

the most important thing is too get your reaction times up, i am struggling with this a bit from playing BF3, i feel like i should down a bottle of Bioplus before each map now hahaha
    Last edited by Kurike; 19-11-2012 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by R4C3 View Post
    This is not easy, you should try different combo's.

Some people set their wasd keys to the center of the kb. I use standard wasd, then shift for run, ctrl for toggle crouch prone. And dont forget your lean buttons q and e

Wheel up for reload, wheel down for weapon switch, middle mouse for grenade, Thumb(mouse4) for Knife, Thumb(mouse5) for flashbang. Standard right click toggle aim and left click fire. I play different fps games and set all the settings the same in everygame.
    +1.. I play pretty much the same as you, I dont use ctrl for crouch/prone though, those are usually setup on z,x,c...

Other than that its pretty much standard controls. WASD, Shift(sprint/steady aim), Space(jump), mouse for throwing grenade, aiming, firing, mouse button 4/5 for knife etc...

As for the actual gameplay, I haven't played blops2 but its probably the same as all the others in the genre,
    my suggestion is pick a gun that you see is killing you most of the time and try that gun, if you enjoy it stick with it until you have learnt how the game engine works and once you have learnt the maps back to front. Get used to the way the guns feel when you fire, a lot of the time its better to fire one bullet at a time, it lands up being more accurate and generally you land up killing more than just random spray and pray.

Use places for cover, try not stand in the open unless you are used to the game engine and have the confidence to just run around in the open. another useful tip is to PRACTICE. spending time playing the game will ultimately get you to a better playing level.
    The most important of all factors though is to enjoy the game!

It really boils down to personal preference. No one can tell you what layout to use, because everyone's will suit different people.

But this is what I use for BLOPS2:

W,A,S,D for movement. L
    Left click for fire, right for aiming.
    Shift to run, CTRL to crouch
    E to knife (this is pretty important, if you using V this is a long way away for your finger to travel, you need to be able to knife in a split second)
    R for Reload
    1,2,3,4 etc for weapon switch
    G for nades

So pretty much stock. Works for me. I don't use any mouse buttons other than left and right click as I find it actually disorientates me.
    "My friend told me the other day that I was delusional. I almost fell off my Unicorn."

Default Best keyboard & mouse shortcuts for COD Black Ops 2?

yep trail and error is the name of the game here.

I use left mouse button for fire
    Right mouse button is ADS
    Mouse button is knife
    Mouse button up switch
    Mouse button down killstreak/scorestreak
    Space jump
    C crouch
    Z prone
    Shift sprint
    Q and E lean

Think that's it

Thanks for the feedback; I'll give it a try this evening!

Eastern Cape, about 70meters from the ocean

Mmmm pretty similar set ups all round

On the mouse I use the scroll wheel to change weapons and depressing it will melee.
    2 thumb buttons are for lethal and tactical grenades/equipment.