Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: To sell or not

Default To sell or not

Hi all.
    I have a dell i5 e6420 4 gig ram 250gig hdd touchscreen laptop plus a dell 24" WFP monitor and a nvidia quadro FX1800 gpu and a corsair 550w psu what can I get for these stuff as I want to upgrade my desktop,current specs are(don't laugh) asus p6t(not sure which one) mobo with 8gig 1333 MHz ram,intel i7 930 cpu @ 2.80 GHz with the above gpu,monitor and psu

Quote Originally Posted by Trenz View Post
    Don't sell!!!!!
    Ok so don't sell it is thanks guys.

Sell it ?

WHy not ?

Do you use your laptop for work ?

IF not and its for playing games. Then sell it as your old setup is quite alright.

All you need to do is sell your PSu for about R450 odd and the laptop for as much as you can..

you need a 600W psu and a 7870 GPU and your I7 930 will still be fine ..

then you are sorted.

So you are literally R3500 from havign a setup that can run all games at full spec

Quote Originally Posted by Cranky View Post
    Sell it ?

WHy not ?

Do you use your laptop for work ?

IF not and its for playing games. Then sell it as your old setup is quite alright.

All you need to do is sell your PSu for about R450 odd and the laptop for as much as you can..

you need a 600W psu and a 7870 GPU and your I7 930 will still be fine ..

then you are sorted.

So you are literally R3500 from havign a setup that can run all games at full spec
    So basically I need a 600w psu as I'm waiting on my 560 gtx ti golden sample which should be here in 3 hours time which I gather is sufficient for gaming or am I wrong on this?

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    So basically I need a 600w psu as I'm waiting on my 560 gtx ti golden sample which should be here in 3 hours time which I gather is sufficient for gaming or am I wrong on this?

Did you just buy that 560TI new ?

IF yes send it back asap. You can get better for more or less the same price.

What corsair 550W do you have as if it is a HIGH QUALITY ONE you will actually run your rig without much trouble on it.

But if you bought that 560TI new id REALLY REALLY recommend you send it back 9 CPA = 7day cash back return ) and buy a 7850 2GB and up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cranky View Post
    Did you just buy that 560TI new ?

IF yes send it back asap. You can get better for more or less the same price.

What corsair 550W do you have as if it is a HIGH QUALITY ONE you will actually run your rig without much trouble on it.

But if you bought that 560TI new id REALLY REALLY recommend you send it back 9 CPA = 7day cash back return ) and buy a 7850 2GB and up.
    No its 6 months old and about half price (R1500) as I have about R1800 to spend on a card for now. Any ideas? As for the laptop the things just laying here in its bag(original dell bag) battery partially charged as the bloody charger blew last week not worried as I hardly use it.

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    No its 6 months old and about half price (R1500) as I have about R1800 to spend on a card for now. Any ideas? As for the laptop the things just laying here in its bag(original dell bag) battery partially charged as the bloody charger blew last week not worried as I hardly use it.
    As for the psu these are the: numbers ac input 100-240V ~8A 50/60Hz, dc output +3.3V +5V +12V -12V +5Vsb,max current 30A 28A 41A 0.8A 3A, max combined wattage 140W 492W 9.6W 15W under all those numbers it states 550W is it good enough for gaming though?

Thought as much .. the way you talked about the laptop sounded like it is your 2nd choice

Well if you got the 560ti its alright i guess. ID still sell the 560Ti and your current PSU with the laptop and see how muchyou can get in.

your cpu is still 100% and will run any game. your problem is power and your GPU>

the 560TI is a mighty card but its aging now. So id still get something top end for crysis 3 as crysis 3 is going to romp your rig.

ID try and find out if you have the D0 cpu.. ( get cpuz ) if you do it is a OC king. Get a good cooler ( coolermaster evo 212+ + axtra fan for push pull ) And pomp your processor up to about 3.8Ghz.

Then your set for another 15months