Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Stripper chimes in on Hitman: Absolution's Saints

Default Stripper chimes in on Hitman: Absolution's Saints

Stripper upset at Hitman: Absolution

Get some insight into the latest Hitman from the mind of an exotic dancer

The thing that should not be Tsar's Avatar

Oh no. ......

But that’s not who they are, it’s what they do for a living; stripping is a job, not an identity.
    LOL - that's my favourite part right there. It's like saying "Bin Laden was a really nice guy. The fact that he killed thousands of innocent people is only what he did for a living, it's not his identity".

I'm terribly sorry - but if you CHOOSE to become a stripper, being viewed as an object and nothing more is part of the package. So it's really no big deal when it's done in a video game of all things.

Someone, please, give this bitch a dollar.

I'm confused, if it were male assassins, it would be 100% OK for Agent 47 to kill them but because they are women, now all of a sudden it's sexist and glorifying violence against women. Is it just because they are wearing stripper outfits? If they had been wearing KFC employee outfits would that have been OK, or is that instigating violence against retail employees?

Ignoring the fact that she is directly relating everything in the game to this trailer, I really don't see where they portry these women as being subhuman. They are just people sent to kill this guy and he kills them. I think she is just projecting her own feelings and nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    LOL - that's my favourite part right there. It's like saying "Bin Laden was a really nice guy. The fact that he killed thousands of innocent people is only what he did for a living, it's not his identity".
    You're seriously equating stripping with mass murder?

I'm terribly sorry - but if you CHOOSE to become a stripper, being viewed as an object and nothing more is part of the package. So it's really no big deal when it's done in a video game of all things.
    Strippers are still human beings.

Someone, please, give this bitch a dollar.
    What an absolutely awful thing to say. What exactly makes her a "bitch"? It's kind of ironic, isn't it, that you say being objectified is "part of the package", then go ahead and objectify her. Which comes first, really?

I don't really have a serious problem with the strippers in the game, but you're making some very judgmental comments about a real person here.

It's just a game, why won't they just shut up and play it!!!!!!! Games are meant to be fun and enjoyed, are they not?
    Last edited by Lyt; 21-11-2012 at 03:31 PM.

Definitely agree with Lyt, games are meant to be fun & enjoyed, that depends on what other female think about the game & how they take it/ relate respectively,

Quote Originally Posted by Azimuth View Post
    Strippers are still human beings.
    Can you elaborate?

Before anyone takes that too seriously I am totally joking and I think Neo's comment did nothing but make the stripper's prospect a seem a little smarter.

This isn't a sexism issue. Let's look at it this way:

1. Guys get killed in video games all the time
    2. When black zombies were put into that one video game, two people freaked out, but made it sound like 'everyone' was up in arms about it. This is known as sensationalism. PETA did something like this with Pokemon, solely because it makes noise.
    3. One girl who happens to be a stripper has a view on Hitman: Absolution. Since when do we care? Opinions are like nipples. Everybody has one.

I don't see the need to defend the game, or make a big deal of this. Games have been controversial since Star Wars geeks started playing Dungeons and Dragons in their basement and people thought it was a Satanic ritual.

One girl finds it offensive. Got ya.
    Couscous; the food so nice they named it twice

wahahahaha!

Let's face it, the "violent stripper" is a stereotype in both movies and games.
    Those of you who have played the other Hitman games will remember Agent 47 has always had a "soft spot" for prostitutes and strippers.

So let's not read too much into "Stripper Assassins" in this franchise.

If you want to go after games that objectify women and/or portray them as subhumans... there are MANY other titles that are far worse.

1) Duke Nukem Forever (everything about the game is offensive to anyone with breasts)
    2) Duke Nukem 3D (Strippers... that you can pay and/or kill)
    3) GTA San Andreas (prozzies... that you can pay and/or kill)
    5) Prince of Persia (Those assassins are like dominatrices... very disturbing/arousing when they get killed)

That's just off the top of my head.

I find the article very amusing. Since it's exactly ONE DAY after the release of Hitman Absolution and a "Stripper" was "shown" the nuns/assassins/strippers... then ASKED to comment.

Isn't that a little contrived?

I would also argue that "Athena" has a point... yet it is all out of context. Reading too much into the characters of a computer game is kinda like arguing with a forum troll.
    Even if you make sense... you still lose.

as an aside... Strippers have always been very pro "women's equality" as a sideline to the usual backlash they receive for the way in which they make their living.Strippers and strip clubs always catch flak from conservative and religious groups.
    Some might argue that this could be as the strippers seeking justification to themselves for their profession as a whole.

be that as it may...

I would politely suggest not to take games like this too seriously... especially since it's the 5th installment of a game series that has always had strippers and prostitutes featured as both protagonists as well as antagonists as a by product of it being set in the murky underworld of hitmen (featured in the title strangely enough), mafia dons, sexual deviants, secret organizations and cloned super-assassins.

Why cant we all just get along?

Default Stripper chimes in on Hitman: Absolution's Saints

Why didn't they complain about blood money? Its not the first time you kill female assassin's. The one mission A female assassin who is basically in stripper uniform is sent to kill you. What is the difference then? Oh wait a stripper didn't complain about her heels... Moving on...