Page 1 of 98 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 973

Thread: Playstation Plus Thread

  1. #1

    Default Playstation Plus Thread

    Hi All,

    Post everything Playstation Plus related in here.

    Instant Game Collection:

    Some good news: Sleeping Dogs is hitting the instant game collection on the 6th of February. See the link for more:
    http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/...=Google+Reader

    PS+ Membership


    BT Games are selling PS+ membership as part of their clearance sale. If you buy a membership through them, you'll pay only R1 per day for the 90 and 365 day packages.

    Also consider doing it before the sale ends. If you activate your 1 year membership before the 4th of March, you'll get an additional 3 months free of charge.

    Top tip: how not to lose out on a game in the Instant Game Collection.


    You can add all the games in the Instant Game Collection to your shopping cart and check out. That will mean that even after a game is removed from the Instant Game Collection, you will still have access to it through your Transaction History and Download List.

    To make it even easier, you can now do this, straight from your web browser (I like to do it this way, I find the store to be sluggish when accessed from the console). https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/
    Last edited by TheAvenged87; 31-01-2013 at 12:39 PM.
    That's what she said.

    The Dork Knight.

  2. #2
    Local caffeine junky matt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Johannesburg, SA
    Posts
    6,516

    Default

    I'm quite bleak about Sleeping Dogs actually. I just bought it on XBox Live Deal of the Week a few days ago, then I saw yesterday that it's going to be free on PSN in a few days. sigh

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheAvenged87 View Post
    Hi All,

    Post everything Playstation Plus related in here.

    . . .

    Also consider doing it before the sale ends. If you activate your 1 year membership before the 4th of March, you'll get an additional 3 months free of charge.

    Nice idea for a thread. I just bought the subscription myself.

    So I get 3 extra months for activating it now? I did not know that. w00t! PS Plus is definitely worth it

  4. #4
    No Hobbits Allowed Isengard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    8,409

    Default

    My subscription is about to expire, I might grab one of those BT Games vouchers on Friday.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Isengard View Post
    My subscription is about to expire, I might grab one of those BT Games vouchers on Friday.
    Quote Originally Posted by matt View Post
    I'm quite bleak about Sleeping Dogs actually. I just bought it on XBox Live Deal of the Week a few days ago, then I saw yesterday that it's going to be free on PSN in a few days. sigh
    I was really bleak, because I bought three months membership last week at R140 (cash strapped-ness). The next day, BT was selling it for R90.

    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Nice idea for a thread. I just bought the subscription myself.

    So I get 3 extra months for activating it now? I did not know that. w00t! PS Plus is definitely worth it
    Sticky it James!

    Here is all the info about that 3 months extra deal. http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/plays...=Google+Reader

    EDIT: Thanks for the sticky James!
    Last edited by TheAvenged87; 29-01-2013 at 01:12 PM.
    That's what she said.

    The Dork Knight.

  6. #6

    Default

    PS+ is the reason I upgraded my PS3 HDD to a 500gb
    I AAAAALMOST bought Sleeping Dogs on Steam over the Xmas period!! Now I'm glad I didn't

    that did happen to me when they released Batman AC a while ago. Bought it the day before the PS+ Give away of it went up!

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by m3n4ce View Post
    PS+ is the reason I upgraded my PS3 HDD to a 500gb
    I AAAAALMOST bought Sleeping Dogs on Steam over the Xmas period!! Now I'm glad I didn't

    that did happen to me when they released Batman AC a while ago. Bought it the day before the PS+ Give away of it went up!
    Jeez that sucks. Oh well, I suppose it happens.
    That's what she said.

    The Dork Knight.

  8. #8

    Default

    PS+ is the reason the backlog on my PS3/vita is sitting at 70+ games (PS3, PS2, PS1, minis and a few vita games)...

    I'm hesitant to buy games new or 2nd hand these days becuase it's also happened to me, buy the game, next few days it's for free on PS+.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by m3n4ce View Post
    PS+ is the reason I upgraded my PS3 HDD to a 500gb
    I AAAAALMOST bought Sleeping Dogs on Steam over the Xmas period!! Now I'm glad I didn't

    that did happen to me when they released Batman AC a while ago. Bought it the day before the PS+ Give away of it went up!
    I've got Sleeping Dogs on PC and I must say I think it's well worth it on that platform because they did a great job porting it and added great high-resolution textures.

    It'll still be good on PS3 though

  10. #10
    Local caffeine junky matt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Johannesburg, SA
    Posts
    6,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I've got Sleeping Dogs on PC and I must say I think it's well worth it on that platform because they did a great job porting it and added great high-resolution textures.

    It'll still be good on PS3 though
    I'm going to play it on XBox, because I actually paid for that one. Also bought some DLC

Similar Threads

  1. StarCraft 2 Achievement Thread (AKA Boasting thread)
    By _Caboose_ in forum Gaming Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 29-07-2010, 10:45 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •