Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: GeForce GTX Titan South African pricing revealed

Default GeForce GTX Titan South African pricing revealed

GeForce GTX Titan South African pricing revealed

How much do you think the most powerful single GPU in the world will cost?

trollolo, now that is a price tag to be feared.

yea especially considering the US price is around R9000, and here it is R13000... Are import taxes really that much?

Here is an interesting question I'm asking myself, how does it perform versus PowerColor's HD7990? Especially considering that it's price at almost 3K less than the Titan :?

Wait for the benchmarks to come out. You guys are going to be laughing your heads off. This card might be the fastest "single" GPU solution for now, but for R12,900 you'll be able to buy a multi GPU setup that blows this thing clear out of the water. Nvidia has REALLY lost the plot this time.

lol - at the risk of sounding like a broken record player, I can buy BOTH of the next-gen consoles at launch day for the price of this single GPU. There is no possible way on this green Earth that Nvidia can justify the price on this thing. And you'll STILL find suckers who go for it. *sigh*

That should put a dent in the old bank account

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Wait for the benchmarks to come out. You guys are going to be laughing your heads off. This card might be the fastest "single" GPU solution for now, but for R12,900 you'll be able to buy a multi GPU setup that blows this thing clear out of the water. Nvidia has REALLY lost the plot this time.

lol - at the risk of sounding like a broken record player, I can buy BOTH of the next-gen consoles at launch day for the price of this single GPU. There is no possible way on this green Earth that Nvidia can justify the price on this thing. And you'll STILL find suckers who go for it. *sigh*
    Exactly what I suspect. PowerColor's HD 7990 currently sells for R9,899.00

At Tomshardware the GTX690 kicked the Titans shiny metal ass.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...view,3442.html

Benchmarks including the HD 7990

EDIT: Now that I've seen these benchmarks, no one in their right should buy this card for anything other than it being the fastest single GPU solution IMO. Considering that both the 690 and the 7990 blow it out of the water, it makes no sense to buy this card when looking at it's price (same as the 690, much more than the 7990)... Just my 2 cents.