Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Help: Samsung Galaxy S3 - Bandwidth killer

Quote Originally Posted by Wenzdayz View Post
    Ja i had mistakenly set up my gmail there at first as well. i quickly deleted the account and am now using the gmail e-mail thats already on the phone. are you getting your normal work e-mail on your phone?
    Yes... It is basically our domain email account that I use for work, personal and everything else. Since I'm kinda self-employed, the chances of me leaving and thus changing my email address are slim to none which is why I don't really have a gmail or other ISP account... Actually I do have a gmail account, but I only use it to register on websites or forums that I'm afraid might spam me.

No guts, no glory, no brain, same story.

Quote Originally Posted by vipergti View Post
    yes... It is basically our domain email account that i use for work, personal and everything else. Since i'm kinda self-employed, the chances of me leaving and thus changing my email address are slim to none which is why i don't really have a gmail or other isp account... Actually i do have a gmail account, but i only use it to register on websites or forums that i'm afraid might spam me.
    oh ja well there is your problem then. Could you not maybe set up a gmail account for your work e-mail to forward to? I know its a shclep but it will save on bandwith used. Otherwise turn your mobile data off when you are connected to wi-fi and only turn it on when your on the road and dont have access to wi-fi
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
    Hello WinzEveryDayz.

Quote Originally Posted by Wenzdayz View Post
    oh ja well there is your problem then. Could you not maybe set up a gmail account for your work e-mail to forward to? I know its a shclep but it will save on bandwith used. Otherwise turn your mobile data off when you are connected to wi-fi and only turn it on when your on the road and dont have access to wi-fi
    Will look into that.
    The problem isn't when I'm connected to wifi. Not a single byte of my bandwidth gets used when I'm connected to wifi... but if I leave the house for an hour or three, by the time I get back, everything is gone.
    I think I'm going to try to set ActiveSync to only work when connected to Wifi and then set up a new imap account to sync emails when travelling. I think imap uses very little bandwidth since everything remains on the server and only gets downloaded when opened.

No guts, no glory, no brain, same story.