Thread: Unreal Engine 3 ported to the web

Default Unreal Engine 3 ported to the web

Mozilla as announced on their blog has partnered with Epic games to port Unreal Engine 3 to the web using Mozillas optimised javascript engine. They managed this in just 4 days with 1 million lines of code. They also have a game demo using the platform called bananabread.

Bananabread video link.
    T A N S T A A F L

Quote Originally Posted by czc View Post
    Mozilla as announced on their blog has partnered with Epic games to port Unreal Engine 3 to the web using Mozillas optimised javascript engine. They managed this in just 4 days with 1 million lines of code. They also have a game demo using the platform called bananabread.

Bananabread video link.
    This is quite cool

Unreal Engine 3 comes to web browsers

High-end visuals and powerful tech now achievable through browsers

A videogame engine being used for a browser. This should be interesting. But to whom does it cater?

This is amazing. There is great potential to bring awesome browser-based games to users with this. Their tech demo itself also looks really good. Also, credit where it is due: they did it in just 4 days.
    That's what she said.

The Dork Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint View Post
    A videogame engine being used for a browser. This should be interesting. But to whom does it cater?
    Well it would mean better quality browser based games ( one of the reasons why I'm not really into Browser based games is the lack of quality and originality...)

This is also going to be a good way for them to deliver us demo's running in UE3 ( by us I mean the rest of the world with a high end internet infrastructure)

Quote Originally Posted by JP'S View Post
    Well it would mean better quality browser based games ( one of the reasons why I'm not really into Browser based games is the lack of quality and originality...)

This is also going to be a good way for them to deliver us demo's running in UE3 ( by us I mean the rest of the world with a high end internet infrastructure)
    Agreed. Although, I'm not big on playing browser-based games. Maybe a game of Angry Birds (if I'm bored, but that's it).

Quote Originally Posted by JP'S View Post

I reckon they can get something really hi-spec out of something like this. Can you imagine how low SA's productivity level (not really high anyway) will go to when some good UE3 browser-based games come out?
    That's what she said.

The Dork Knight.