You should join our great gaming community

Register now
You should subscribe to our free MyGaming newsletter


Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Results 51 to 58 of 58

Thread: 'Blasphemous" Bioshock Infinite: upset gamer gets refund

  1. #51
    Avatar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Witbank, land of the mullet.
    Posts
    3,401
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint_Dee View Post
    I am confused
    Quote Originally Posted by Murph View Post
    You said it wasn't the best worded post, Avatar disagreed and thought it was well put.
    Exactly this

    Quote Originally Posted by Graal View Post
    So people can quickly apply a crack and then return it and say it's crap?

    Hue hue hue.
    That seems like a rather long way of going about it, when you have to dl the game content anyway.. I get where you're coming from on this, that we shouldn't just be allowed to return games, but this last point is a bit of a stretch, IMO.
    0
     

  2. #52
    The Phantom Poet Saint_Dee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Metropolis
    Posts
    8,430
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    9
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge
    Awards Balls of Steel - Community-selected custom user title.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avatar View Post
    Exactly this
    Oh, thanks.
    0
     

  3. #53
    Graal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,016
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    7
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge
    Trophies Save the date

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avatar View Post
    That seems like a rather long way of going about it, when you have to dl the game content anyway.. I get where you're coming from on this, that we shouldn't just be allowed to return games, but this last point is a bit of a stretch, IMO.
    I don't really think so. Person A buys game. Person A starts game up, after half an hour doesn't like what he's seeing and thinks it's not worth the R400/$60 he paid, so he cracks the game and takes it back for a refund. Doesn't sound far-fetched to me at all.
    0
     

  4. #54
    Lyt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,002
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Graal View Post
    I don't really think so. Person A buys game. Person A starts game up, after half an hour doesn't like what he's seeing and thinks it's not worth the R400/$60 he paid, so he cracks the game and takes it back for a refund. Doesn't sound far-fetched to me at all.
    Good point.

    Companies should never refund money for such bullshit reasons.

    That is why you have walkthroughs, trailers, and reviews so you can check the game out before buying it.

    If you bought a game that "offends" you, and didn't do the research beforehand, it's your own damn fault.
    0
     

  5. #55
    Fivel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,353
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge
    Awards MyGame Challenge 2: Borderlands 2 - They're weak to bullets, minion!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyt View Post
    Good point.

    Companies should never refund money for such bullshit reasons.

    That is why you have walkthroughs, trailers, and reviews so you can check the game out before buying it.

    If you bought a game that "offends" you, and didn't do the research beforehand, it's your own damn fault.
    I wonder whether any reviews/walkthroughs would have highlighted this? A reviewer may not be offended by something and will not necessarily comment on it.
    0
     

  6. #56

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    21
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fivel View Post
    I wonder whether any reviews/walkthroughs would have highlighted this? A reviewer may not be offended by something and will not necessarily comment on it.
    Seems like a bit of a moot point since he didn't seem too concerned about playing a game where you kill people. Surely that would go against his morals too?
    0
     

  7. #57
    Fivel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,353
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge
    Awards MyGame Challenge 2: Borderlands 2 - They're weak to bullets, minion!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zephirus View Post
    Seems like a bit of a moot point since he didn't seem too concerned about playing a game where you kill people. Surely that would go against his morals too?
    I think you missed my point.
    0
     

  8. #58
    Lyt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,002
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zephirus View Post
    Seems like a bit of a moot point since he didn't seem too concerned about playing a game where you kill people. Surely that would go against his morals too?
    I also thought of this, he knew how violent the game is and yet he didn't mind killing people , but then he bitches about how the baptism scene offends his religious views. That's outright hypocrisy.
    0
     

Similar Threads

  1. BioShock Infinite - "False Shepherd" Trailer
    By James in forum Gaming News Articles
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 14-03-2013, 03:11 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 15-12-2012, 11:42 AM
  3. BioShock Infinite features hardcore "1999 Mode"
    By James in forum Gaming News Articles
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 20-01-2012, 09:12 AM
  4. Bioshock Infinite
    By King_Dave_Za in forum Gaming News Articles
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 14-09-2011, 09:56 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •