Thread: Razer Ouroboros mouse review

Default Razer Ouroboros mouse review

Razer Ouroboros gaming mouse review

Razer markets their oddly named Ouroboros mouse as suitable for anybody. Is this just a lot of hot-air marketing or is this mouse customisable enough to justify such a bold claim?

Ouch R1500? I bought the mamba when it came out for R1200, broke after a year or two. This is wayyyyyyy too expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyt View Post
    Ouch R1500? I bought the mamba when it came out for R1200, broke after a year or two. This is wayyyyyyy too expensive.
    I know how you feel. Bought a Creative Tactic 3D Omega headset for around R2,000. Fantastic sound quality, the wireless capabilities worked incredibly well, but the build was mostly plastic.

So, naturally, after a few months, the plastic around the screws on the right side wore through and snapped.

That left me with a R2,000 doorstop.

Great performance, terrible build quality.

I've become increasingly suspicious of spending "a lot" of money on peripherals.

I have a R500 Gigabyte Ghost mousie which has been absolutely perfect and an el cheapo MS keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    I know how you feel. Bought a Creative Tactic 3D Omega headset for around R2,000. Fantastic sound quality, the wireless capabilities worked incredibly well, but the build was mostly plastic.

So, naturally, after a few months, the plastic around the screws on the right side wore through and snapped.

That left me with a R2,000 doorstop.

Great performance, terrible build quality.

I've become increasingly suspicious of spending "a lot" of money on peripherals.

I have a R500 Gigabyte Ghost mousie which has been absolutely perfect and an el cheapo MS keyboard.
    True. Just because something costs an arm and a leg, doesn't mean it's going to perform for that price.
    Still want my Razer Deathadder though. Only ever hear good things about that mouse. Oh, and... A Razer mousepad or some or other "gaming" mousepad.