Page 159 of 161 FirstFirst ... 59 109 149 157 158 159 160 161 LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 1608

Thread: What movie did you last watch thread.

Nocturnal animals.... it was a good story but i just cant get past the lead Jake Gyllenhaal. i just cant stand his bug-eyedness and his little sad face.... he ruined the whole movie for me
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
    Hello WinzEveryDayz.

Quote Originally Posted by BeoTeK View Post
    Watched Spectral last night:

Actually really enjoyed it, not a bad movie or premise at all. Some familiar faces and some decent acting, and some great effects. All in all... a solid 8/10.
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaand this is why we cant have nice things... This movie was no where near an 8/10... maybe a 5.5 or a 6... I literally had to force myself to watch it to the end... While it was "entertaining" at times it was never a good movie... Budget or no budget...

"I shave my arms so I'm more aerodynamic in a fight" Wlad 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaand this is why we cant have nice things... This movie was no where near an 8/10... maybe a 5.5 or a 6... I literally had to force myself to watch it to the end... While it was "entertaining" at times it was never a good movie... Budget or no budget...

Back to the topic!!!

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them!

Really good movie! Any one that remotely enjoyed any form of Harry Potter will love this, but its also far enough away that people that Hate the HP franchise will still enjoy it. The visual effects are awesome!

Star Wars Rogue 1!

As a fan of Star wars this movie was excellent! Stayed true to the story and was a great build up to the first movie. Classic Starwars but with a nice spin on it.

Dr Strange!

Probably my best movie of 2016. Yes. Its that good. If you havent seen it i would highly recommend you get on it! The visual effects are mind blowing, and the story is everything you could hope for. A fantastic entry into the Marvel Universe that is only going to get better.

Back to the topic!!!

Star Wars Rogue 1!

As a fan of Star wars this movie was excellent! Stayed true to the story and was a great build up to the first movie. Classic Starwars but with a nice spin on it.
    I must be missing something because so far it seems i'm the only one that was kinda disappointed with the movie. It almost felt like they tried to get people to watch it purely for the nostalgia factor. Almost like they didn't have to make it but did anyway... for some reason.

[MENTION=8896]Cronus086[/MENTION] I do agree they didnt HAVE to make it, but im glad they did... I think it filled in a nice piece of the story, and gave us a pretty unique StarWars experience.

What did you not like about it?

We watched Ballerina with the kids over the weekend, great story and the kids thoroughly enjoyed it.

[MENTION=8896]Cronus086[/MENTION] I do agree they didnt HAVE to make it, but im glad they did... I think it filled in a nice piece of the story, and gave us a pretty unique StarWars experience.

What did you not like about it?
    I spoke to a friend about this same topic and we agreed that it felt like the audience wasn't given enough time with the characters to get to learn or relate to them. It almost felt like they would introduce the character(s) for all of 2 seconds and then we're just suppose to accept it.

At least with the force awakens you had memorable characters. I actually can't remember any of the main character's names in Rogue One and that makes me feel like i either missed out on something or the movie just wasn't for me.

Spoiler: show
    Also the only other cool character, except for Darth Vader of course, was Chirrut Imwe (had to Google his name ) and i felt really miffed about how he died. It felt like such an anticlimactic death. I was expecting him to go out in this awesome combat scene where he takes on hordes of Stormtroopers

[MENTION=8896]Cronus086[/MENTION] Ya ok look in that respect i can agree... But for me the most memorable were, as you said, Chirrut Imwe, although i also didnt know his name, Soul Gurera, The Black guy that raised, Jin Erso, and then the "spy guy Bodie.

Spoiler: show
    The fact that EVERYONE died at the end sort of makes me wonder if they weren't pushing for a more memorable story than memorable characters as such...

The last movie I watched was Passengers and I actually really enjoyed it. Even though it ended up being a romance movie hidden under the veil of a sci-fi movie I still found it thoroughly enjoyable. The chemistry between Pratt and Lawrence is excellent and I didn't think the story was half as bad as critics make it out to be.

Before that I watched Rogue One and I thought it was okay, I wasn't exactly blown away nor did I find it particularly memorable. Quite the opposite in fact.
    Last edited by Xiphan; 12-01-2017 at 01:00 PM.