Thread: Microsoft wants to sell another 25 million Xbox 360 consoles

Default Microsoft wants to sell another 25 million Xbox 360 consoles

Despite all this Xbox One whoopla going on, Microsoft hasn't forgotten about its other horse in this console dog and pony show. In fact, the company hopes to continue to move substantial numbers of the Xbox 360 over the next five years, according to senior vice president of Interactive Entertainment Yusuf Mehdi.

"We believe over the next five years we can break a 100 million unit installed base," Medhi said during an interview with OXM. "That's something we're shooting for, it's not a financial plan as such, it's just rough numbers if you will. To sell another 25 million, half of those will probably come from replacements, but half will come from new buyers."

"The way we'll break into those segments," he continued, "is by hitting new price points, getting new classes of entertainment to come with the Xbox, and breaking into new customer segments." We're not quite sure what a new class of entertainment for the Xbox might mean, or what customer segments remain untapped after such a long console cycle, but "new price points" sure does pique our interest.

Via: Joystiq & GI.biz
    Source: OXM

I wonder how low the prices will reach. The PS2 dropped down to around R1000 for a new one.
    Do you think we will see the xbox 360 reach those prices?
    contact me if you are in Cape Town and looking for PC Hardware at very competitive pricing. We also do web and graphic design.

Quote Originally Posted by simon View Post
    I wonder how low the prices will reach. The PS2 dropped down to around R1000 for a new one.
    Do you think we will see the xbox 360 reach those prices?
    I think the 'no hdd' model will hit near R1000 soon.

there's always the possibility that they can cut costs and make an even further stripped down version like a ps3 super slim or a wii mini etc.

Okay so they want to sell another couple a million Xbox 360 consoles.....question is will they continue to create games for the 360 for years to come, seeing as the Xbox One will be released soon.
    Is Microsoft trying to get rid of old stock? and then suddenly say "New game titles will ONLY be released on the Xbox One".

Then we all screwed

Quote Originally Posted by Dohc-WP View Post
    there's always the possibility that they can cut costs and make an even further stripped down version like a ps3 super slim or a wii mini etc.
    I would actually go for something like that for use at work during lan nights, get some couch co op gaming going there on a system where it doesn't matter if somebody can't save their game its more just for two players and something with kinect that will is the primary focus.
    contact me if you are in Cape Town and looking for PC Hardware at very competitive pricing. We also do web and graphic design.